Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I guess cause of the following:

- Next to CityU and close to Baptist U
    - Major interchange to CHINA (Lo Wu)
    - Close to PRC barracks
    - Cause there is no clear logic for the various attacks

Original Post Deleted
    I think to answer this question you have to go back to what happened at Festival Walk last Sunday, 10 November. Police entered and arrested people, pepper sprayed some shoppers, and then there was some very late night shenanigans (lights turned off, reporters asked to leave) which led to demands for CCTV footage from the Festival Walk management, which I don’t think were released.

This is could be retaliation for the perception that the mall was helping police cover something up.

Original Post Deleted
    Might be to do with the police storming in and the mall closing with all media being forced out. Or a distraction from the CUHK siege.

There has been widespread conflict and the CUHK situation, I guess we’ll see how the effect balances out at the next polls.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0
    Last edited by AsianXpat0; 13-11-2019 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added source
    Greghouse likes this.

12:13AM
    Kowloon Tong MTR station broken into and vandalised
    Protesters have pried open the metal gate of Kowloon Tong MTR station and thrown at least two petrol bombs onto the tracks.
    They have also damaged turnstiles and the customer service centre. Services had stopped there at 9pm so no trains or people were there.

Original Post Deleted
    They will never admit but it’s one of their agendas. They get their hands on HKIX, we are all done.

Apparently triads are out in YL tonight. Police must be short staff after sending all of the riot units to cuhk.

Let’s see what we wake up to tmr. Be safe everyone out there.

Original Post Deleted
    https://twitter.com/elson_ton...70523587858432

Oh yeah, now I remember there was also this guy.

Reports of tear gas at Ngau Tau Kok.

For those who were asking what kicked off the CUHK situation, a friend of mine translated this account from MingPao. See original here.

CUHK guest lecturer Leung Kai Chi on-site wrote down part of what happened today at CUHK, he posted the following on his FB. MingPao (a historical and large news outlet) quoted his FB post and I translated it. Please share: From a guest lecturer of Journalism and Communication Studies Department of Chinese University of Hong kong:

“There are a lot of rumors, I want to clarify the order of today’s events.
    I arrived at around 1:30 (pm) at Bridge #2. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife, (Chinese University of Hong Kong) teachers have stood up and served themselves as human shields between the two sides (the police and students).

The core of the problem is that the police wanted to safeguard the Tolo Highway, making sure it does not get disturbed, but students did not accept police going into the school campus, especially when they (the police) had gone in earlier to clear up the barricades at the round about. 

Students had once wanted to move forward, teachers went up and asked them to stay calm.
    Around 3 o’clock, my colleagues and I realised we need better solution, so we went to the Principle’s home, requesting to meet with him (Professor Rocky S. Tuan).

We waited at the door, the Principle invited us in. We gave him some suggestions. After our discussion, he decided to meet with the students. At this moment, he was still trying to call the government, attempting to deal with them, so we waited for a while. We walked back down to the campus, and by that time, the conflicts has already started.
    The results of our negotiation is that our CUHK securities will safeguard the campus end of the bridge and the police will retrieve to the other end of it. That way, the we can protect the safety of Tolo Highway, and the students do not have to face the police.

The Principle then returned to communicate with the students, I stood in the middle of the road to urge students not to provoke the police, allowing this negotiation to go well.
    Students expressed that they want the police to release the arrested students. The Principle had promised to help rescuing them. The crowd moved back to Bridge #2, the original idea was that the Principle will express to the police that he will go to the police station with them. However, the situation escalated very quickly, colleagues kept calming the students down. I stood in the middle, speaking out loud to the police, “the Principle is coming over, please be cautious.” Police then replied it was not a time for negotiation. Someone used a laser (pen) to point at the police, some colleagues tried to stop it.
    At this moment, the police raise up the orange banner, within seconds, they started shooting tear gas. We immediate evacuate the Principle, we shouted, “protect the Principle!”. The principle had no gear to protect himself, I gave him a wet towel. Then I saw someone throwing a gas bomb down. We urgently passed through the barricade to leave. The Vice Principle stayed at the site. 

We passed through Haddon Cave Sports Field to get to the sport centre, the Principle was safely evacuated. My colleagues and I had lost each other.

Then, the campus became a war zone.

We tried. Sorry.

Last edited by foreverhobbes; 13-11-2019 at 01:46 AM.