Like Tree105Likes

Jasper Tsang's proposals: amnesty

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Thankfully you’re just a keyboard warrior. Life is about compromise. 5 demands are unrealistic. Potential dialogue is positive news
    Agree on compromise in general, but universal suffrage is not what I would be willing to compromise on. Ever.
    In fact I think it is the most important of the 5 demands.

Theoretically, the remaining points you can legally fight to achieve later in a well functioning democracy. A fully representative parliament is the right place for that, and for making compromises.
    Mefisto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Rumor mill....
    Doesn't really matter why he initially went, he was able to help get minors out safely. I'm sure the majority of people outside of PolyU last night crying were there because their own child or family friend was inside as well, not sure why that would make their motives questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Doesn't really matter why he initially went, he was able to help get minors out safely. I'm sure the majority of people outside of PolyU last night crying were there because their own child or family friend was inside as well, not sure why that would make their motives questionable.
    Yes, I do agree that in this case, the end justified the means or motivation in the short term.

In the long term (you know .. that whole "he's a perfect candidate for CE because he negotiated his way in") the motivations and the back story might be a bit more important.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I believe he had heart surgery last year or early this year, maybe his health was contributing factor for quitting politics, now that he has recovered, maybe it's possible for him to be sucessor to incompentant Ms Lam
    For anyone following HK politics it is quite clear that Tsang is one of the ringleaders behind the CCP's front in HK, and excels in wolf in sheep clothing tactics. Behind the scenes there many incidents of him scheming and calling pro-democratic "thieves" etc.

Case in point:
    https://twitter.com/BeWaterHKG/statu...623739904?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    And the small question of being charged.

https://twitter.com/iamchuichui/stat...47809753075712

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    For anyone following HK politics it is quite clear that Tsang is one of the ringleaders behind the CCP's front in HK, and excels in wolf in sheep clothing tactics. Behind the scenes there many incidents of him scheming and calling pro-democratic "thieves" etc.

Case in point:
    https://twitter.com/BeWaterHKG/statu...623739904?s=19
    he does not seem to be a hardliner and never seem to be when he was president of legco, furthermore, just like the good friday agreement, he believes compromise should be made by all sides and he even suggested an amnesty a few days, in my books, sounds like a moderate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yes, I do agree that in this case, the end justified the means or motivation in the short term.

In the long term (you know .. that whole "he's a perfect candidate for CE because he negotiated his way in") the motivations and the back story might be a bit more important.
    I wouldn't bet my life on the integrity of any politician in Hong Kong but most of them have been useless so far so he still gets a point for this effort.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    he does not seem to be a hardliner and never seem to be when he was president of legco, furthermore, just like the good friday agreement, he believes compromise should be made by all sides and he even suggested an amnesty a few days, in my books, sounds like a moderate to me.
    Read articles posted on when he was president of Legco, calling any pro-dem "criminals" in closed whatsapp groups and behind the scenes discussions. You wouldn't label the founder of the CCP front in HK, known for blindly following Beijing's instructions without fail as a hardliner? It was basically his very job these past decades to set up a hardline front. Please consider this.
    Baklava likes this.

This shit is like playing snakes and ladders ... badly.

https://twitter.com/XinqiSu/status/1196658491076669440

imparanoic and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Read articles posted on when he was president of Legco, calling any pro-dem "criminals" in closed whatsapp groups and behind the scenes discussions. You wouldn't label the founder of the CCP front in HK, known for blindly following Beijing's instructions without fail as a hardliner? It was basically his very job these past decades to set up a hardline front. Please consider this.
    his interview with HKFP seems to suggest otherwise, I am not saying that I trust him throughout, nearly all politician (on all sides) have their own hidden agenda as far as i aware, he stated that the balance act between central gov and people of HK which he serves, which is big contrast to Ms Incompenet, stubborn like a mule and shoe licking Ms Lam.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/11/1...ongs-struggle/
    Coolboy likes this.