Like Tree106Likes

2019 Tax Assessment Not Received

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Sounds unlikely. Minimum payment X% of your bill or X amount would take 10 minutes to program and solve this one.
    It would also take most governments I've worked with around 9 months to approve this change.
    rathunt likes this.

I have not received my tax assessment yet, is this going to affect my US tax filling as I can't pay my HK tax in 2019 calendar year? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ppqq:
    I have not received my tax assessment yet, is this going to affect my US tax filling as I can't pay my HK tax in 2019 calendar year? Thanks.
    This is also a concern for me; while I have done the math and have strong confidence my calculations are within a few percentage of the actual owed, it needs to show up and be paid this calendar year, or it's going to make a pain of US tax season. I will consult with my accountant if I don't see mine in the next week or so...

SO has received tax form already. I have not yet gotten mine.

By the way, does HK tax reduce my US tax? I haven't bothered in the past as my income was nowhere near the threshold. But getting close lately so I may have to consider that as well.
    Which accountant do people use? How much?

If someone is in urgent need of their tax assessment, they can call IRD and ask to speak to the officer handling your case. You can then tell them the reason why you need the assessment more urgently upon which your assessments gets moved to the top of the pile.

rathunt and bdw like this.

Got mine yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Got mine yesterday
    Payment dates?

No extension. January and April.

I submitted my return on 6th May

kimwy66 likes this.

Small extension of 11 days on my usual Jan date for payment but they do say you can apply on an individual basis for longer to pay in case of hardship. e.g. partner lost their job.

Since I'm leaving HK, I went to tax office on Monday and informed them, they told me last night over the phone how much I have to pay, I will go in Monday with a pile of cash (they only accept cash, cashiers cheque or EPS), need to go to 3 different floors, one to pick up the assessment, another to pay the money, another to get a release letter for my employer so they will pay my final December salary. But all was smooth and I could even claim $60k TVC deduction which is something new in 2020 (I had to write my request on a blank A4 page, the rest of you will be able to claim it after April next year).

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast