View Poll Results: Which Online Grocery Shopping site do you use?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree7Likes

Which Online Grocery Shopping site do you use?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We need Amazon Go store in HK. Completely cashless grocery purchases just using your mobile to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:

British essentials for some... Well... British essentials lol
    How is this compared to park n shop and the likes of it ? I mean in terms of the quality of the products.

I buy my oat milk from:

https://www.ronnieenglish.com

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    How is this compared to park n shop and the likes of it ? I mean in terms of the quality of the products.
    It's not about quality, it's about range. I only buy things in British Essentials which I cannot buy in Hong Kong shops. So in terms of quality, it depends on the brand. I buy Heinz Diet Salad Creme for example.

Original Post Deleted
    No, you need to message them and they'll WhatsApp you. Emmental or cheddar is around $85/kg, minimum 3kg. Artichokes $16/can (we buy around 12 at a time).

It's a bit tedious but worth it if you've got some space for storage. Technically they do bulk and restaurant supply, but some items you can buy individually or in smaller quantities (I think!).

You'll need to have a minimum amount for the order, like $500 or something.

Friendly service.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    No, you need to message them and they'll WhatsApp you. Emmental or cheddar is around $85/kg, minimum 3kg. Artichokes $16/can (we buy around 12 at a time).

It's a bit tedious but worth it if you've got some space for storage. Technically they do bulk and restaurant supply, but some items you can buy individually or in smaller quantities (I think!).

You'll need to have a minimum amount for the order, like $500 or something.

Friendly service.
    So the cheese is not even listed on the homepage right? So how much more things do they have outside what they list on the homepage? 85 hkd/kg for cheese is fantastic pricing. I mean consider the cheese I buy from Sverigeshoppen for some 220 hkd/kg as very cheap for good quality cheese. Similar cheese you need to go to Citysuper or similar and there its some 4-500 hkd/kg.

sverigeshoppen.com.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    So the cheese is not even listed on the homepage right? So how much more things do they have outside what they list on the homepage? 85 hkd/kg for cheese is fantastic pricing. I mean consider the cheese I buy from Sverigeshoppen for some 220 hkd/kg as very cheap for good quality cheese. Similar cheese you need to go to Citysuper or similar and there its some 4-500 hkd/kg.

sverigeshoppen.com.
    I believe Goodwell is the epitome of a Hong Kong business, particularly regarding their website with NO useful information.

So yes, they have cheese. Canned goods, including things like olives and capers. We also buy coconut milk there (>$10/can). I believe they have nuts, juices, milk. Just get in touch. The "normal" canned goods (e.g. tomatoes, mushrooms) are not so competitively priced that it's worth filling up your cabinets with 12+ cans, but you do need to buy other things to get up to the minimum purchase amount along with your cheese.

The cheese is indeed the best price we've found and it's our go-to source for emmental (and cheddar). But you need space to store 3kg of cheese in your fridge! We leave it as one big block and cut off smaller pieces as we need. It does last.

We buy our expensive hard cheeses at Mercato by Gia restaurant in Wan Chai. I don't think they ever got their online store/delivery sorted, so we have to go in person a few times a year. Also, very good prices for high quality:
    https://www.facebook.com/mercatobygiando/

We were so glad we quickly found ways to avoid CitySuper, although back in the day they did have discounted cheese sometimes. I clearly remember how baffled we felt when we first arrived in Hong Kong and looked at the cheese selection at Park N Shop.

(I want to note I am not a big cheese eater -- there's just someone French in the family...)
    Last edited by Elegiaque; 19-12-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    gigglinggal likes this.

I believe Goodwell is the epitome of a Hong Kong business, particularly regarding their website with NO useful information.
    Yes, Hong Kong is the last frontier of developed markets where web-based serviced are still poor or non-existent.
    Elegiaque likes this.

I clearly remember how baffled we felt when we first arrived in Hong Kong and looked at the cheese selection at Park N Shop.
    Have you been to Wisconsin? It really is baffling how the cheese is the state food yet so bland

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 249
Size:  1.43 MB

Thank you for the cheese shopping links

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Have you been to Wisconsin? It really is baffling how the cheese is the state food yet so bland

Thank you for the cheese shopping links
    No, and no interest at all.