Like Tree31Likes

Aberdeen?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Jgl, whether my chatter is inane is not for you to judge, thank you very much. This might be shocking news for you, but you do realize people are busy and can't afford to do indepth research 24/7 on google, right? Sure, OP should have been more specific, but you make it sound like it was some capital crime on here. Give me a break. Honestly, you need to get out more.
    surely, a 10 second glance can show you on MTR map whether going to shenzhen or tuen mun is convenient from southern parts of hk island, even my 5 year old daughter can do this
    Elegiaque and Cornmeal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    surely, a 10 second glance can show you on MTR map whether going to shenzhen or tuen mun is convenient from southern parts of hk island, even my 5 year old daughter can do this
    Maybe the OP doesn't know much about the MTR, who knows.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=does+aberdeen+hong+kong+have+a+subway+station

LESS than 10 seconds.

I'm sorry, but moving to another city or country does require the basic ability to google something as simple as "does this neighborhood have a subway station".

For the OP, regardless of MTR plans to built a subway/MTR through Aberdeen, I would not rely on this for choosing where to live. This is a long, long way off. And when/if it does come, it will raise the rent prices and make Aberdeen less affordable.
    Coolboy and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=does+aberdeen+hong+kong+have+a+subway+station

LESS than 10 seconds.

I'm sorry, but moving to another city or country does require the basic ability to google something as simple as "does this neighborhood have a subway station".

For the OP, regardless of MTR plans to built a subway/MTR through Aberdeen, I would not rely on this for choosing where to live. This is a long, long way off. And when/if it does come, it will raise the rent prices and make Aberdeen less affordable.
    Sure, but of course, you don't need to respond to the OP if you find his question insulting to your intelligence.

@Coolboy you probably outpost the average of the next five most common posters by at least a factor of 3 (bit of a guesstimate but gut-feels right to me). Most of what everyone else posts is already random chatter, though I like to think that many of us post a higher % of useful information. So by any objective measure, yes, the vast majority of your posts are inane. Otherwise this forum would be Wikipedia by now.

It's also become clear that you've reverted well into the rather irritating behaviour of prior accounts.

TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    @Coolboy you probably outpost the average of the next five most common posters by at least a factor of 3 (bit of a guesstimate but gut-feels right to me). Most of what everyone else posts is already random chatter, though I like to think that many of us post a higher % of useful information. So by any objective measure, yes, the vast majority of your posts are inane. Otherwise this forum would be Wikipedia by now.

It's also become clear that you've reverted well into the rather irritating behaviour of prior accounts.
    "Probably"? Have you been counting? What criteria can you judge what is useful or not? You are biased against me from the start. You are not credible. You are like Trump saying he is genius. Plenty of other posters find my post useful, except you. So that says alot. I doubt your statistics very much, but you are now reverting to the irritating habit of obsessive behaviour of tracking my posts (which I must say is rather creepy) and taking potshots at me. I think you need to stop this obsessive compulsive behaviour right now. So just stop it, now.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 17-01-2020 at 06:42 PM.

From Aberdeen take 970X or 973 to WHC Tunnel Bus interchange then switch to any bus to Tuen Mun. That's one hell of a journey though.

You'll get a seat though and I think on a good day it might be just as fast as the MTR (so if you visit your relatives on weekends it should be fine)

Coolboy and imparanoic like this.

OP' mains objective is to go to Repulse bay daily for whatever reason, Aberdeen, Ap Lei Chau, Wong Chuk Hang, Wah Fu estate are some of the options to look for housing, I would not want to live anywhere else that would make you have to go through Aberdeen tunnel daily, that is a nightmare. Avoid if possible

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    OP' mains objective is to go to Repulse bay daily for whatever reason, Aberdeen, Ap Lei Chau, Wong Chuk Hang, Wah Fu estate are some of the options to look for housing, I would not want to live anywhere else that would make you have to go through Aberdeen tunnel daily, that is a nightmare. Avoid if possible
    oh...

my budget is keep it within $10k per month for now. $6K would be ideal.

Short commute to Repulse Bay is a must for me but I am willing to go outside of HK island if that make sense.

thanks for all the response! Learning a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by mmbiker:
    oh...

my budget is keep it within $10k per month for now. $6K would be ideal.

Short commute to Repulse Bay is a must for me but I am willing to go outside of HK island if that make sense.

thanks for all the response! Learning a lot!
    Is there a particular reason why you need to go to Repulse Bay daily? Just for the beach? Bottom line, a lot of the southside is an upscale district, even if there is cheaper rent in Aberdeen or parts of Ap Lei Chau, that does not solve the long commuting you will need to do to get to Tuen Mun and Shenzhen, even if you said that will be "less often". Which is more important for you, getting to Tuen Mun and Shenzhen or Repulse Bay?
    Last edited by Coolboy; 18-01-2020 at 08:38 AM.