Like Tree52Likes

Anyone considering removing kids from school early?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I would take that as a learning opportunity for the kids. I had to be homeschooled when i was 11-12 because I caught tuberculosis. My mother bought me many books and let me learn from it, I came back and got the best marks in the class. Nowadays you have stuff like the Khan Academy so you basicaly dont need teachers for your kids to succeed.

To each parent his/her own.

Paying over 20K HKD a month for a learning opportunity to homeschool kids is not happening.That assumes there's a wife/parent at home to do this.

Thanks for your responses and wishing you all the best in this crisis.

My choice will be to relocate the kids to an environment where they can actually go to school for extended periods of time without protests or quarantines.

spode likes this.

@shri what platform are they using?

Quote Originally Posted by TaD_LaLa:
    That assumes there's a wife/parent at home to do this.
    *cringe*

Simply "a parent"? Or "wife/husband"? (Is it so terrible to suggest men would be stay-at-home parents?)
    East_coast and Jaz Paul like this.

Paying over 20K HKD a month for a learning opportunity to homeschool kids is not happening.That assumes there's a wife/parent at home to do this.

Thanks for your responses and wishing you all the best in this crisis.

My choice will be to relocate the kids to an environment where they can actually go to school for extended periods of time without protests or quarantines.
    What school do you attend that will let you withdraw immediately without financial penalty? February’s tuition fees are a sunk cost at this point.
    East_coast likes this.

Cringe away.

Is it so awful to assume that all parents are married?

The cost is one factor.

Stability is another.

What issue could you possibly have with another parent making a decision that differs from yours?

Being a really concerned parent/ FATHER I hear you but do let us know when you find your LaLa land
    TaD_LaLa likes this.

Perhaps too soon to make a decision. Now China has acknowledged it has a problem with a brand new disease and the medical industry is focussed on containing it the actual problems will be better know in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    @shri what platform are they using?
    Checking / message you when the son lets me know.
    Elegiaque likes this.