Like Tree28Likes

IPTV Boxes - 2018 Reviews

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    On the UBOX I recall seeing 2 small apps that appeared in the last year (after the crackdown) that changes your DNS, one was labelled for Australia and the other for Singapore.
    Thanks Proplus, I wasn't aware of those 2 small dns APP updates, we'd been using another Android box that had an Australian HDTV tuner built in, as our HK TV's dont work in Aus and was unaware that the Ubox got blocked December last year, until very recently.........discovering that the box was unable to update itself or allow access to its proprietary app market.

All good for now and Ive noticed a BIG improvement in stream quality ( buffering ) which I'm guessing has more to do with our faster 100mbps internet speed now, compared to our crappy Sai Kung 8mbps connection in the past. works awesome now.

Yeah I took my ubox to Australia last year so my Japanese wife can watch the J channels in Aus. Initially it didn’t work but it took about 30 seconds selecting some “Australia Singapore” app on the menu and then it magically worked again. Aussie government blocking seems pretty piss weak

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Yeah I took my ubox to Australia last year so my Japanese wife can watch the J channels in Aus. Initially it didn’t work but it took about 30 seconds selecting some “Australia Singapore” app on the menu and then it magically worked again. Aussie government blocking seems pretty piss weak
    Seems the ISP's just gave TVB Hong Kong who actioned the legal action via the Australian Federal Circuit Court,what they legally wanted, blocking a range of these type of boxes, in a cost effective but not very sophisticated way, luckily. For the time being this works out fine for those of us outside the HKG.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 07-10-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    bdw likes this.

Experience of the QBOX2 so far:

As with the UBOX, searching online for more information of the QBOX tends to bring you to all sorts of webpages in Simplified Chinese, none of which seems helpful. Live streams buffering (or lack of) and image quality is much better than UBOX. Currently it seems that they are performing some server updates (theres a scrolling text with that info at the bottom of the screen in Chinese and English) so channels some times work, some times are off air. When not performing updates I can't recall not being able to load any Channels and I've been pretty reliant on it to stream iCable news during these protests.

The only channels I've found not to work are the Sky Sports channels......they do load but stream some Mandarin Chinese soap opera channels instead! For Premier League matches I use the BEIN Sports channel, aside it being in Arabic (I think), it streams flawlessly without any stutter.

I've installed the Netflix app on it, and god I hate the Android version of this when navigating, so I hardly use it and instead watch Netflix via my PS4 which is a much better experience.

Do any of these IPTV boxes have some Philippine channels?

I want to set something up for a friend's helper, so they have something they can relate to home on TV now and then.

Hi guys, a friend of mine in Shanghai was asking me to buy him a UBOX (or equivalent) in Hong Kong since he can't seem to find them over there. (?) Would a Hong Kong UBOX work well over there with the Great Firewall? My understanding is that the HK version looks for HK based servers, since this is mainland made product, surely a China version must exist as well? Anyone would have an idea?

you can pick them up in Huaqiangbei. The brands always seem to be changing. I have a mainland model and it actually works OK here in HK. You can also subscribe to a monthly service and watch on your browser or load the streams into kodi on any roku/appletv etc

here are some current reviews. Remember, never sign up for more than a couple months because they normally get shut down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTVReviews/

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:
    you can pick them up in Huaqiangbei. The brands always seem to be changing. I have a mainland model and it actually works OK here in HK. You can also subscribe to a monthly service and watch on your browser or load the streams into kodi on any roku/appletv etc

here are some current reviews. Remember, never sign up for more than a couple months because they normally get shut down.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTVReviews/
    Thanks! Anyone know of such a mall were they would sell them in Shanghai?

Where does one buy a UBOX from and how much roughly do they cost?

So UBOX is dead in HK but works abroad? Any workaround to get it running in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast