Like Tree28Likes

Your work arrangement during the outbreak

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Meanwhile EY is being ridiculed on the online forums. Staff must request and justify reasons for working from home on a daily basis. Meanwhile the partners continue to send staff up to China for ‘secondments’.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRandomer:
    Meanwhile EY is being ridiculed on the online forums. Staff must request and justify reasons for working from home on a daily basis. Meanwhile the partners continue to send staff up to China for ‘secondments’.

I'll sum this communication up:

"We will provide hand sanitizer and lube. It's BAU though."

Hubby’s office gave all staff 5 masks, I think assumption is they will all be in the office, albeit with flexibility to avoid rush hour.

Major financial institution... Now clamping down on "working from abroad" and mandating that HK staff work from home while in HK. Non specific tax and 'other reasons' being cited. To be fair some ppl have been taking the piss going to US and Europe and not even making a token effort to align hours.

jimbo_jones and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Major financial institution... Now clamping down on "working from abroad" and mandating that HK staff work from home while in HK. Non specific tax and 'other reasons' being cited. To be fair some ppl have been taking the piss going to US and Europe and not even making a token effort to align hours.
    I think the idea is they want to give you more time to focus on personal essentials during the day, like finding enough toilet paper around, then work at night - perfectly aligned, and with a clean arse too

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    I've been caught up in that. Family in Australia and we've been separated for over a month now. Max 5 days, then take leave...
    Last job, I could fly back and forth.

The Australian definition of work does not include "doing work online for your job in your home country".
    https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help.../glossary#work So a non-resident could go to Australia on tourist visa and work remotely.

Not sure where the corporates got their guidance from, as I can easily go to New Zealand with an Australian passport/citizenship and work for.

I know of people in Europe and UK -> time zones are not conducive for HK work, unless the HongKongers stay back late...

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    I think the idea is they want to give you more time to focus on personal essentials during the day, like finding enough toilet paper around, then work at night - perfectly aligned, and with a clean arse too
    Folks were talking about taking the toilet paper home from the office. I'm pretty sure they were joking....

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_jones:
    Folks were talking about taking the toilet paper home from the office. I'm pretty sure they were joking....
    Those who do will be severely punished. Like the hospital guy who was caught stilling masks not long ago. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if building services switch to the Bring Your Own Toilet Paper model (BYOTP). Are there printers in the office?

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    Those who do will be severely punished. Like the hospital guy who was caught stilling masks not long ago. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if building services switch to the Bring Your Own Toilet Paper model (BYOTP). Are there printers in the office?
    Offices in many older / industrial buildings have a "toilet essentials basket" which includes a bog roll / soap etc. Because management / ownership in many older buildings does not think its an essential service.

Another advantage of going in to the office: conserving the home supply of toilet paper...

jgl likes this.