View Poll Results: With the virus in town when do you wash your - Honetslyhands?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obsessed - all the time with hand sanitiser

13 26.53%
  • Before I eat

38 77.55%
  • When I get home

39 79.59%
  • When I get to the office

29 59.18%
  • Before meeting friends

11 22.45%
  • After meeting friends

11 22.45%
  • When I get off public transport

25 51.02%
  • After going to the shops

20 40.82%
  • After I go to the toilet

38 77.55%
  • Before bed

22 44.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree75Likes

When do you wash your hands

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This may be useful given the current situation.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Hand-Sanitizer

(might be the only use for the utterly vile King Robert vodka!)

HK_Katherine likes this.

The other thing that I am doing is disinfect my phone, earphones and octopus pass once I am indoors. Then I go wash my hands.

Original Post Deleted
    Yuck. Where was that?

It depends. In general I try to wash my hands as soon as I get off public transport or going to the store, but if I'm going to be home or at the office soon, then I just try not to touch my face on the way and wash my hands when I get there.

Not always consistent, but I try to clean my phone and purse after I get in (since probably touched all the bus handles and buttons and then touched those while out).

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    This may be useful given the current situation.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Hand-Sanitizer

(might be the only use for the utterly vile King Robert vodka!)
    I keep reading that it needs to be at least 70% alcohol, which is more than most vodka. Is there any point making a spray with vodka at all then? Is it partially effective?

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I keep reading that it needs to be at least 70% alcohol, which is more than most vodka. Is there any point making a spray with vodka at all then? Is it partially effective?
    If it's not you could always do shots with it!
    Coolboy likes this.

No different for me. I always wash my hands regularly when I get a chance but not obsessively. A little dirt and bacteria is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bocadillo:
    No different for me. I always wash my hands regularly when I get a chance but not obsessively. A little dirt and bacteria is a good thing
    This! I have always wondered whether then extreme hygiene thing is a good idea in the long run. I’ve always felt that HK folk seem to be quite sickly (based on my experience of work colleagues) and I have wondered if this is a result of too much concern about health and hygiene post SARs
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I will be taking disinfectant wipes inboard with me on Thursday, my own hand soap in a little bottle, and a bottle of water for hand washing, my own paper towels for drying hands, a stack of loo roll sheets for touching stuff if required. 13 hours on a plane , I’m just going to assume everyone else has disgusting personal habits.
    Just bring a box of gloves and dispose after touchng something.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Yuck. Where was that?
    The Siu Mei or Chinese BBQ person at the Fairwood I used to go to did that all the time. Guy would come out from some back room doing who knows what, touch the door, sweep something and then proceed to cut meat and use the same blue glove to pack rice.