View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Packed my bags for flight home last night, seems surreal to have bought a 2nd checked in bag allowance only to pack it with loo roll, disinfectant and soap. The usual goodies of cheese, coffee and olive oil are sadly lacking.
    I gave up on fresh cheese/milk long ago, although prizemart has "daily dutch" milk and almost tastes like the real thing at an affordable price ($12/litre)
    HKsb likes this.

Just got this if anyone looking for masks

https://www.spicestore.hk/en/health-...r-1-piece.html

tinlissie likes this.

ParknShop making a profit over these shortages

Someone sent me this photo a short while ago.
    Parknshop is selling these toilet rolls individually at $6.90 per roll. Originally a pack of 10 rolls cost around $36.90 I was told. Now 10 rolls would cost $69.

Quote Originally Posted by omigosh:

Someone sent me this photo a short while ago.
    Parknshop is selling these toilet rolls individually at $6.90 per roll. Originally a pack of 10 rolls cost around $36.90 I was told. Now 10 rolls would cost $69.
    The question remains is who is actually making profit. The store or the supplier?

I'm in BKK right now. There are basic disposable masks being sold in the street and also something termed "sanitizer" with no ingredients listed, but which looks and smells like hand sanitiser.

If i bring this stuff back, will it be "acceptable" to HK consumers do you think? I was thinking of doing some arbitrage of my luggage allowance.....

There is really no shortage of face masks now, it’s the fact that pharmacies and every other local seller have hiked up prices. Aside from the poor, face masks are in abundance. I just walked past a load of those ripoff pharmacies in TST, a box of 50 face masks for $380, those funky Korean ones rated KF94 are around $30-35 each.

A colleague moaned but not having many face masks at home left, I just asked him if $200 is really more important than you and your family members’ health.

Anywhere easily accessible to pick up masks for hkd200 a box?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Anywhere easily accessible to pick up masks for hkd200 a box?
    Not that low now. There was a shop in Prince Edward I passed by yesterday had some Indonesian boxes of face masks for $250, but no description on the box to say how good they are.

The ones that JHC sold about a week ago (from Nelsons Laboratory) I seen sold around TST for $280-300. Some locals showed concern over these as there was no rating on the box, but JHC have since come out and stated the effectiveness of these masks and explanation of markings on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by mused:
    Looks like you were lucky, now they are saying all delivery and click and collect slots are full. I managed to get through Parknshop yesterday and actually secured a delivery slot, only for it to then say it was gone (and huge waits in-between each step). Seriously wondering where I'm going to get toilet rolls from at this rate.
    On the other hand, I've hardly ever managed to get through Park N' Shop's. Every time, I visit their website, I've to wait for approx. 15 mins - that too in vain. After 15 mins, when I finally I get in, nothing that I want to buy, is left. Perhaps, we will soon have to order those damn toilet rolls from Tesco (UK) , and toilet rolls holder from Harrods. Just saying.

There are reports amongst the locals to avoid the Indonesian face masks as the lot during shipping was spoilt, with some gotten wet. There’s a video of these face masks and inside the box was loads of bugs, and these masks were not the individually packages ones.

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast