Like Tree1674Likes

COVID-19 - Feb Week 2 News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/AEI/status/1228344426810019840

The epidemic spread of coronavirus in China — along with community transmission in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan — sharply increases the chance that we endure pandemic spread.
    https://www.aei.org/research-product...ental-affairs/

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That is a fair point and I understand where that sentiment is coming from. I can ensure you I am not trolling, I really do think you are all a bunch of fucking hypochondriacs.
    You are demonstrating a high level of ignorance of the significant risk that a novel virus poses. It is not hypochondria on a global scale- the government in China has locked the country down, the medical services across the world are on high alert. We are on the doorstep, (with a dirty welcome mat and muddy feet up the hall) of the major pool of infection.

People need to act responsibly if they think they have this infection. Isolating yourself is the bare minimum.

I am not worried personally for my health but I understand the wider risk to the community. I have vulnerable relatives. This infection could make them seriously ill or kill them should it become widespread. Look after yourself and look after those around you.
    sallecc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That is a fair point and I understand where that sentiment is coming from. I can ensure you I am not trolling, I really do think you are all a bunch of fucking hypochondriacs.
    Always surprises me when people from many thousands of kilometers or miles away from HK and China scoff that the COVID-19 is no less dangerous than the common flu or you're less likely to die from it than car accidents or lightning. Treating other people's concerns as meaningless.

Or bickering and trolling on an online forum to see whose imaginary virtual sword is slightly longer than the next fool.

For those who live here in HK and also have family/friends in China, this is a tragedy.

Please don't start with "you have no stake." We actually live here and breathe the air here. We have family, life-long friends and loved ones here in HK and in China.

Be helpful and less ass-hat.
    sv336, alexdown, AliT and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    What kind of country and society is it when ths kind of stuff is becoming the norm. Sad shes in that situation and sad she has to resist. Sad they have to take her by force like that.
    What kind of people are these? There is a virus. The doctors said you need to check if you have a virus, and if you do you need to quarantine to make sure you don't spread the virus. How difficult is that? I wish they had this in HK, instead of saying "please stay at home for 14 days. During this time, feel free to spread the virus to your family and friends. We might come every now and then to check".

I remember when I was in Singapore during SARS. An infected family went to see a doctor. He said "you have/probably have (I don't remember which one it was) SARS. Please sit on that bench outside my office. I call an ambulance. Don't move. They will be here in 20 minutes." He went out 10 minutes later to check, and instead of sitting on the bench they went to the local hawker centre.

It's not the country, it's the people. If you are dealing with idiots you have to take drastic actions.
    kittykaitak likes this.

I defended and empathised with the suit touts and the taxi drivers... but I'm looking myself in the mirror and realising that I am a hypocrite, because I really couldn't give a shit about the demise of the racket that is international schools in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedequatio:
    Always surprises me when people from many thousands of kilometers or miles away from HK and China scoff that the COVID-19 is no less dangerous than the common flu or you're less likely to die from it than car accidents or lightning. Treating other people's concerns as meaningless.

Or bickering and trolling on an online forum to see whose imaginary virtual sword is slightly longer than the next fool.

For those who live here in HK and also have family/friends in China, this is a tragedy.

Please don't start with "you have no stake." We actually live here and breathe the air here. We have family, life-long friends and loved ones here in HK and in China.

Be helpful and less ass-hat.
    Confused. Goodkat lives in Hong Kong, I live away. He is scoffing it is just like flu, I am taking it seriously.
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Nothing for teachers... fuck this place and it's priorities... I just can't wait to see the back of it now. Desperately sorry for people who will be stuck here as it goes down the shitter.
    School teachers or private education centers? There is another lobbying effort going on the the centers and their staff.

Many many part time / zero contract hour staff across HK are seeing their businesses destroyed over the last six months. They are not getting any subsidies either.

Pain is across the spectrum. Not just teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Pain is across the spectrum.
    That's not true. I get the same salary as before, but stay at home, so I need to work about 20% of what I did before. I am one of the lucky ones. There are people who are going bankrupt because of this virus.

Quote Originally Posted by john_1122:
    There are people who are going bankrupt because of this virus.
    Because of the reaction to it.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast