Like Tree175Likes

Re-evaluating EVERYTHING!!! #coronavirus

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Well that is the total opposite of my case and my dad's and my brother's and my friends.
    I was going to go in to more details about marital status and types of wives/ partners. The happier guys are the ones who get henpecked by young fresh girls with glowing skin. The miserable ones are still physically with their 20 years+ wives.

Anyways, the majority of men will get older with their original wives whilst being unhappy and cynical. The brave will have the resources to spend the rest of their days with younger girls. No doubt revitalizing their lives without a doubt, I can see how much older people enjoy staring at younger people and they also want to interact with them. Can't say the same for their own peers... they spend time with them due to the lack of options me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond:
    I was going to go in to more details about marital status and types of wives/ partners. The happier guys are the ones who get henpecked by young fresh girls with glowing skin. The miserable ones are still physically with their 20 years+ wives.

Anyways, the majority of men will get older with their original wives whilst being unhappy and cynical. The brave will have the resources to spend the rest of their days with younger girls. No doubt revitalizing their lives without a doubt, I can see how much older people enjoy staring at younger people and they also want to interact with them. Can't say the same for their own peers... they spend time with them due to the lack of options me thinks.
    My brother's wife is 70 so not exactly a spring chicken . My dad's partner was around 60.

I think if the relationship goes sour on retirement it was probably sour but hidden before. If the husband is only valued because of his job and money then I could see retirement being an issue.

If the couple actually love each other then surely spending time together is not a problem? If that is a problem then the retirement is not the issue.
    Mrs. Jones, Coolboy and bbchris like this.

WOW!!!

what a sad sack of the year post lol

I feel sorry for your partner, to be emotionally betrayed like this later on in the course of a relationship by someone so selfishly vain.

What a parasitical grub!
    Mrs. Jones and bbchris like this.

My brother's wife is 70 so not exactly a spring chicken . My dad's partner was around 60.

I think if the relationship goes sour on retirement it was probably sour but hidden before. If the husband is only valued because of his job and money then I could see retirement being an issue.

If the couple actually love each other then surely spending time together is not a problem? If that is a problem then the retirement is not the issue.
    You must some from a good line of men who make good decisions. I see plenty of supposed men being henpecked in front of all the guys by their SOs at boys nights out - already a problem here.

I feel really sorry for men who can't stand being home because their families treat them like ATMs. It is disheartening to know that this is more common than not.
    bbchris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    WOW!!!

what a sad sack of the year post lol

I feel sorry for your partner, to be emotionally betrayed by someone so selfishly vain.

fuckin unbelievable!
    Strong projecting.

This happens later in life when the culmination of making a poor partner selection comes into full force. I don't have this issue by the way. So I am commenting on the downfall that I have observed many people going through. They either stick out out, OR upgrade to a younger model. If you don't get this, you are living with your head in the sand?

You must some from a good line of men who make good decisions. I see plenty of supposed men being henpecked in front of all the guys by their SOs at boys nights out - already a problem here.

I feel really sorry for men who can't stand being home because their families treat them like ATMs. It is disheartening to know that this is more common than not.
    How on earth do you know it is more common than not? I think you are talking about an issue personal to you or your friends not general. I know or have known so many older loving couples (admittedly not always their first marriage ).
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Not sure it's those men that are the cynical ones here...

Name:  a76b4c23c9e15b4319c92d27fd96a311.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  99.1 KB

How on earth do you know it is more common than not? I think you are talking about an issue personal to you or your friends not general. I know or have known so many older loving couples (admittedly not always their first marriage ).
    Because by not drawing inferences from your own observations, you will be more open to trial and error where it is better to not do the trial part. I like the final point you made. Yes, the brave make changes to try to have better lives and finally be happy. I have seen this too. You will not hear people talk about their family situation unless they invite you in. From what I have seen, having a happy and harmonious home is a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    No. You are confused about the definition of introverts. I did not say introverts is a negative trait. It is a normal part of the spectrum of human personality traits. But that does not mean introvert need no friends. They prefer to be rather more selective who they want to share their time with. As for not needing any friends at all, that only applies to a relatively small minority, a subset of introverts.
    Introvert: noun a shy, reticent person.

Not needing friends is not a subset of introverts. Some people may be introvert and socially self-sufficient, some outgoing but think more venn diagram intersection, not subset. And in modern society being introverted does very much have negative connotations.

One thing I would say is healthy is to learn to let go...

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Not needing friends is not a subset of introverts. Some people may be introvert and socially self-sufficient, some outgoing but think more venn diagram intersection, not subset. And in modern society being introverted does very much have negative connotations.

One thing I would say is healthy is to learn to let go...
    It is true Western society do have a preference for extroverts, but it is not correct to say therefore introverts automatically has a negative connotation. There are many highly accomplished and gifted introverts after all.

As for not needing friends at all, again, those are outlier cases, a minority. I have yet to meet any self-procliamed extrovert who has no friends. They may not have close friends, but no friends at all are unusual, unless they also have mental issues as well. After all, humans evolve to be social animals, to live in groups and developing a social identity based on groups. Most of us therefore evolved to have an innate need for a sense of belonging. Those who do not feel any sense of belonging to any other human is...unusual.

Of course, I am not implying a value judgement on someone who feels no need for friends or think having friends or social contact is a burden, I'm just saying those are in the...minority.