Like Tree1257Likes

Wuhan Flu - Feb Week 4 - News and Updates

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

12 new cases in UK today

https://twitter.com/dhscgovuk/status...687819777?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That could explain the early burst of cases suddenly coming to a stop despite them saying because of the large number of Chinese visitors there was nothing they could do. I don't think Thailand put in place any strict measures did they?
    My Thai resident friend just said "Thailand can test"

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Says the person who ran off back to the US at the first hint of a germ, and is now posting on Hong Kong forums while sitting in another country on the brink of a viral outbreak.

How’s that working out for you? Contained minimal viral spread here, you can have that as your local news for the day.
    I totally got what I wanted. It's better to be in a country actively working with the outbreak than in one where the numbers are suppressed for political and personal reasons. The probability to get infected is low regardless, but probability of getting a good care in the US is unmatched with that in HK. Check, check, check. Will be back to HK sometime in May
    Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    It's not the going outside that's troubling, it's the 'let's form groups of 12+ for hikes and then eat in a crowded restaurant...' that's worrying.

Country parks and villages aren't magical virus free zones that make precautions obsolete.
    We've been avoiding public transport and especially busses for a 2-3 weeks. We found some ways of getting to the countryside without taking public transport, instead by walking etc.

But when we got there, oh my! It seems everyone had the same idea and this was during the week. The peak was absolutely packed. I had to jump in the bush as a group of mainlanders came down 6 abreast at us.
    It's a nightmare. Many other places are the same.

re: WHO.
    I read a few years ago how the strategy from governments is to deny pandemics at all costs to reduce panic on the basis that panic worsens things greatly. I'm sure that's probably what this is all about.
    I remember reading the reasons why they need to lie so much and it made a lot of sense at the time. However... the downsides and consequences were not really discussed. Which I could remember where I read about this. It surprises me that I seem to be the only one who remembers this. I guess I was one of the few people who took an interest in this before Ebola.

Can anyone help me find such an article or reference?
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    I totally got what I wanted. It's better to be in a country actively working with the outbreak than in one where the numbers are suppressed for political and personal reasons. The probability to get infected is low regardless, but probability of getting a good care in the US is unmatched with that in HK. Check, check, check. Will be back to HK sometime in May
    Who will pay for it?

Based on the limited info, the man could had been infected back in UK before arriving to Shenzhen? This could have big implication for UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Who will pay for it?
    I have a good US health insurance. I wrote about my situation and decision making process in details across multiple posts. I also wrote: US is not for everyone.
    Jackie1 likes this.

https://twitter.com/lilkuo/st...92973144051712

How many cases officially in Guangxi?

Quote Originally Posted by jago25_98:
    We've been avoiding public transport and especially busses for a 2-3 weeks. We found some ways of getting to the countryside without taking public transport, instead by walking etc.

But when we got there, oh my! It seems everyone had the same idea and this was during the week. The peak was absolutely packed. I had to jump in the bush as a group of mainlanders came down 6 abreast at us.
    It's a nightmare. Many other places are the same.

This was also on the news this evening, they show how so many families were going hiking, the path was so crowded for people walking up or down.
    jago25_98 and Jackie1 like this.

a voice and MABinPengChau like this.