Like Tree88Likes

Covid-19: Opinions and Insights - #3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Italy has a lot more cases than China ever had. I already addressed that point. Besides, Italy also has an older population than China. If one can explain it by applying simple Math, try to find your answer there first.
    China 80k, Italy 47k

I appreciate that both numbers will because of mild cases be significantly under reported, but do you have a reason to believe Italy under reported more than China?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    China 80k, Italy 47k

I appreciate that both numbers will because of mild cases be significantly under reported, but do you have a reason to believe Italy under reported more than China?
    Given who we’re discussing this with, probably because it’s not China. I also find it strange that this person in another post declared we should be following this crisis by fatality count as being the most reliable indicator of spread (and only one we should be following), but has spun back around and correctly noted demographic differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    China mobile in mainland seems to have lost 7.25 million subscriptions in the past month. Fake news? People are speculating what could be the reason.
    I saw number portability as one proferred reason, and economic reasons for another. Personally, I believe thousands or tens of thousands dead quite possible, but millions requires a reality check in the absence of other strong evidence.
    Last edited by AsianXpat0; 21-03-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Sorry, I’m not sure this is accurate because I don’t see the reason why their personal devices would be taken to a crematorium, and they don’t appear to be wearing hazmat suits. Could this be phone recycling/destruction instead?

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...avirus/608338/

Excellent article on biology/science and why SARS-2 seems so contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Given who we’re discussing this with, probably because it’s not China. I also find it strange that this person in another post declared we should be following this crisis by fatality count as being the most reliable indicator of spread (and only one we should be following), but has spun back around and correctly noted demographic differences.
    Then how else do you explain the diffence between number of deaths in comparison to number of active cases between the UK or even the US and Germany? The latter having a much older demographic?

Then how else do you explain the diffence between number of deaths in comparison to number of active cases between the UK or even the US and Germany? The latter having a much older demographic?
    Number of testing, Germany is one of the few countries currently leading the way in amounts of testing/day.

https://www.ft.com/content/c0755b30-...d-da70cff6e4d3

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:

I saw number portability as one proferred reason, and economic reasons for another. Personally, I believe thousands or tens of thousands dead quite possible, but millions requires a reality check in the absence of other strong evidence.
    Is it likely that during the lockdown period, many people cancelled their mobile subscription as they simply were not going out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Number of testing, Germany is one of the few countries currently leading the way in amounts of testing/day.

https://www.ft.com/content/c0755b30-...d-da70cff6e4d3
    Yes. Hence the numbers coming out of Germany being fairly accurate. The US, the UK, Italy, not accurate. It's reflected in their high death count.

Yes. Hence the numbers coming out of Germany being fairly accurate. The US, the UK, Italy, not accurate. It's reflected in their high death count.
    So you agree then that numbers in China are false?
    coffee_break and CharSiuNow like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast