Like Tree199Likes

Covid-19: 03/25-26 - Hong Kong News

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Our gym closed a while back, as did the sauna and jacuzzi. Today they closed everything else. What's the position re club fees for a club that's basically shut? No word from ours on any reductions.

This may not be a popular position here, but I think a correction in real estate and rental prices is long, long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    so based on my understanding, bars and restaurants should be BAU and still serving liquor for now, right? Correct me if Im wrong
    You're correct. You can still slip away for that sly pint this evening while the wife thinks you're picking up a takeaway. Unless they announce the ban before you finish work!

Still boggles my mind that restaurants and bars are allowed to operate freely but healthy recreational activities are not. Go get shitfaced indoors with a pile of people but don't go outdoors to play tennis or golf where there is loads of space. Magnificently coherent and consistent exactly as is expected from the government.

Jackie1, TheBrit, bcmilk and 4 others like this.

HK Govt computer said NO

The 10K handout wont happen until July 2020 so lets keeping fucking the people who are already desperate and let them get kicked out of their rental homes or miss mortgages, cant afford to keep their business running etc.

https://www.scmp.com/business/compan...malaysia-allow

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    HK Govt computer said NO

The 10K handout wont happen until July 2020 so lets keeping fucking the people who are already desperate and let them get kicked out of their rental homes or miss mortgages, cant afford to keep their business running etc.

Isn't that already possible, though not in the way that most people would want?

i.e. when someone is made redundant thanks the virus-hit economy, the employer can just dip into poor sap's MPF and 'pay' them redundancy using their supposed retirement money.
    kimwy66 and Jackie1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Isn't that already possible, though not in the way that most people would want?

i.e. when someone is made redundant thanks the virus-hit economy, the employer can just dip into poor sap's MPF and 'pay' them redundancy using their supposed retirement money.
    Yeah that's a real nice surprise, getting your severance pay out of your own retirement money. It's kicking someone when they are down. Just nuts.
    timonoj, chingleutsch and Jackie1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doydbadyerd:
    Yeah that's a real nice surprise, getting your severance pay out of your own retirement money. It's kicking someone when they are down. Just nuts.
    It's how you can really tell that the government cares for the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    HK Govt computer said NO

government-issued 6K payout before so they know how to process that, I can only imagine their excuses, but somehow managed to give payouts to certain business, like coach / bus companies

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    That's true. But there wouldn't be much to life if we limited ourselves to what we had to do and nothing else.
    Not sure we're talking about a lifetime adjustment, just a few months

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast