Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat

Vehicle license and insurance expired

Closed Thread

Vehicle license and insurance expired

My vehicle license and insurance expired. The reason I forgot to renew is that the insurance had my old address thus I didn't get the reminder to renew. I renewed the insurance now, but there is a 4 day gap in my policy. The problem now is that my wife took two short trips to during this time. What would you do on the vehicle license renewal?

Would you come clean to the officer and hope for the best? Problem is one can only visit by appointment right now and the next appointment is in a month. No walk-ins are accepted.

Just say you didn't drive. As long as you didn't get a ticket they won't know. You don't need an appointment, prepare all the documents and drop them into the drop-in box at the traffic department. They will call you once it's ready.

chuckster007 likes this.

You can post it in, which is what I did recently, it took about two weeks to process.

Then they called me to come and collect the license from the TD office.

There is a section on the renewal form to fill in stating from what date to what date you did not drive the vehicle (the expired dates), its that easy

Original Post Deleted
    I worry about that too. And then it's a double whammy, driving without insurance and lying about it on the form. Thinking of just sending the form in and paying the extra. If they call me perhaps explain the situation and apologize profusely. It was completely non-intentional and I quickly rectified the situation with the insurance.