Like Tree102Likes

Covid-19: 03/31 (Tue) - Global News

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Small protest in Metro Manila. The Mayor of Quezon City has been getting a lot of flack, she is not comparing well to other Mayors. Still "dozens" in the most populous city in the Philippines is not a lot.

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/...arrested-.html

timonoj likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I hope it works better there. In Madrid we also turned the convention centre into a makeshift hospital. Firefighters working with plumbers and other skilled workers designed an oxygen piping system with intakes ever meter or two to allow for all beds to have respirators (provided there are respirators). Technically an amazing feat. But it's turning to be a clusterfuck to manage, with no clear way of doing things. I reckon they forgot to hire a hospital manager? Hope the management works better in the UK.
    hullexile and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Yes but China HAD THE NUMBERS. By providing them a better picture of how the virus works and spreads could have been ascertained earlier. Data is king at this early stage.
    That depends though. There was a lot of confusion at that time as to the accuracy of tests and keeping the count between different provinces in sync. Remember the huge jump in numbers where they added CT scans to the count? It ended up that several flu cases were counted. Asymptomatic cases can also turn symptomatic. Hence the difficulty determining the accurate proportion at the time.

The reality is, it's March and we're still not quite certain of how this virus works. Numbers will solidify as we get a more accurate picture.

This gives a clearer picture.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/scient...ry?id=68970152

And this is exactly where Geoexpat fits in.

Still, Reingold acknowledged that armchair analysis among epidemiologists doesn't take into account the realities on the ground in Hubei.
    Still waiting on the number of asymptomatic from EU countries? How can we accurately determine whether this virus is mutating and to see whether there are any changes in the patterns? How can Africa prepare? @AsianXpat0

Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    That depends though. There was a lot of confusion at that time as to the accuracy of tests and keeping the count between different provinces in sync. Remember the huge jump in numbers where they added CT scans to the count? It ended up that several flu cases were counted. Asymptomatic cases can also turn symptomatic. Hence the difficulty determining the accurate proportion at the time.

The reality is, it's March and we're still not quite certain of how this virus works. Numbers will solidify as we get a more accurate picture.

This gives a clearer picture.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/scient...ry?id=68970152

And this is exactly where Geoexpat fits in.

Still waiting on the number of asymptomatic from EU countries? How can we accurately determine whether this virus is mutating and to see whether there are any changes in the patterns? How can Africa prepare? @AsianXpat0
    Since you like abc as a news source. abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/coronavirus-turnaround-wuhan-back/

While most new reported cases in China in recent weeks are of the imported variety from Europe or the U.S., a local transmission case popped up over the weekend in the western province of Gansu. It was brought in by a man from Hubei province who had been allowed to leave the former epicenter with an all-clear "green health code."
    You have been talking past everyone now for a long while in an attempt to pursue your preferred narrative. I’m not going to engage you since I don’t get 50 cents per post. I own my own mind and am capable of putting in my two cents (and recognising that’s what it’s worth) but at my own discretion, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Since you like abc as a news source. abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/coronavirus-turnaround-wuhan-back/

You have been talking past everyone now for a long while in an attempt to pursue your preferred narrative. I’m not going to engage you since I don’t get 50 cents per post. I own my own mind and am capable of putting in my two cents (and recognising that’s what it’s worth) but at my own discretion, thanks.
    Yes, new cases will appear. It's not a secret. China never claimed that this isn't an ongoing battle.

Can you tell me the number of asymptomatic cases for the EU now or is that a secret?

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ness-may-point

This article referring to a preprint study looks interesting.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Yes, new cases will appear. It's not a secret. China never claimed that this isn't an ongoing battle.

Can you tell me the number of asymptomatic cases for the EU now or is that a secret?
    Oh for crying out loud. We all know the EU is failing to test enough people and asymptomatic transmission is more widely recognised now as a potential danger. What good are you claiming this does now, when you claim China had it under control, and was doing test, trace and track and therefore had the numbers at hand to talk about at an early stage when numbers for testing were more manageable? Are you telling me if the EU manages to provide accurate numbers now we can go back in time and impose travel bans like Singapore (which you pointed out was successful at test and trace but failed to point out the travel bans and keeping numbers manageable) and Taiwan in late January/early Feb or show the scale of infection was even larger? The international response has failed. That doesn’t whitewash China’s part in it, or its attempts to minimise what was happening. Kindly get over yourself.
    HK_Katherine and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Are you telling me if the EU manages to provide accurate numbers now we can go back in time and impose travel bans like Singapore..
    No, that's you mouth stuffing. More accurate numbers are crucial to slowing down this virus. There's plenty of evidence around. Many countries are scrambling to ramp up testing for that exact reason.

Too bad you think we should just give up at this stage because we don't have time travel. Perhaps you can write your government back home to get their ass in gear to get ahead of those numbers instead of poking at China who's lightyears ahead in their response. Are they completely out of the woods? No. But at least they can offer their citizens a life that resembles some kind of normalcy.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Noticed the fatality rate based on reported cases and reported deaths has now crept over 5%.

The fatality rate based on dead versus recovered is 19%.

What it really is who knows what with limited testing and people dying outside of hospital not being counted.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast