Like Tree88Likes

Covid-19: 04/03 (Fri) - Bars Closed from 6PM

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I don't get it, why not just do the same with restaurants?

Force them to do takeaways only.

Skyhook, bdw, MatthieuTofu and 1 others like this.

What if the bars sold something like peanuts? I remember a similar ban in another country where the law states 'sale' but didn't stop a bad from selling peanuts at $70 but it came with a free beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    What if the bars sold something like peanuts? I remember a similar ban in another country where the law states 'sale' but didn't stop a bad from selling peanuts at $70 but it came with a free beer.
    I suspect this is not the time to be f'ing around with loopholes atleast in terms of social responsibility.

I must say though, I overestimated the hold the triads and the functional constituencies have on the govt - left to be seen how the ban is enforced though.
    Last edited by shri; 03-04-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    Plutark, Cornmeal, jack55 and 4 others like this.

Beauty salons still remain open?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Beauty salons still remain open?
    Unless they have a bar area ?
    MABinPengChau and Kowloon72 like this.

Furloughing is designed to support firms that have been badly hit by coronavirus, and to prevent mass unemployment. It will temporarily help pay the wages of people who can't do their jobs, to help companies retain them.

Being furloughed means employees are kept on the payroll, even though they aren't working.
    Pubs, restaurants, cafes, travel firms and estate agents are among those hit.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52135342

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I suspect this is not the time to be f'ing around with loopholes atleast in terms of social responsibility.

I must say though, I overestimated the hold the triads and the functional constituencies have on the govt - left to be seen how the ban is enforced though.
    You think anyone still going to bars has a sense of social responsibility?
    timonoj, MatthieuTofu and jimbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    You think anyone still going to bars has a sense of social responsibility?
    they have the same sense of social responsibility as people who go to restaurant. I'm pretty sure the crowded supermarkets or wet markets aren't a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    they have the same sense of social responsibility as people who go to restaurant. I'm pretty sure the crowded supermarkets or wet markets aren't a good idea too.
    Supermarket or wet market sell essential goods. A bar is not even remotely comparable.