Like Tree78Likes

Covid19: 04/07 (Tue) - HK News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And how do they get to and from the park? How many people do they pass on the way?
    I assumed that they were allowed to go to and from the park as their one daily exercise. It's only the sunbathing that we're discussing?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And how do they get to and from the park? How many people do they pass on the way?
    There is still no EVIDENCE that "passing people on the street" is a risk. All the risk factors I have read so far indicate that being INSIDE in a crowded closed environment (such as a church, lift, taxi, bar, restaurant, work etc) or LIVING with someone pose the greatest risks. So far I have not read of anyone who got it "passing someone in the street". Put another way, the extensive contact tracing were not tracing people passed on the street - only people in close proximity for 15-30 mins (depending on which jurisdictions tracing you look at).

It really is critical to identify if this is true or not. The microdroplet experiment linked on here a week or so back was one of the most insightful I have seen; and that indicated that opening a window pretty much eliminated the risk quickly. Pretty sure being outside is better than opening a window in terms of particle dispersal and evaporation of any kind of droplet or even aerosol.

Sure, if they got to the park by riding a bus or metro with other people - I agree. Don't do it. But if they drove their in their own car, or walked, then the only issue as far as I can see is "simplicity of message" - that is - it's easier to enforce a simple "stay at home" message than a complex message. Or put another way - it's easier to treat people as sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    I assumed that they were allowed to go to and from the park as their one daily exercise. It's only the sunbathing that we're discussing?
    The exercise is meant to be in quiet places.

Original Post Deleted
    Very odd. I swear they were closed on Sunday and shelves/fridges were all empty apart from the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Those were cases from flight. From what I could make out from presser yesterday, they were kept at Asia World expo after returning. I am not sure about testing numbers and any further actions on them.
    Everyone was tested : those negative leave to being two weeks home isolation : those close contact sent to quarantine centre: positive are isolated in ward tell negative :symptomatic over the next two weeks will return to Expo for retest reevaluate and admit or quarantine etc as necessary: no one escaped
    Last edited by hongkong7; 07-04-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    vyral_143 likes this.

Triad-linked pub busted for violating bar ban, although no one is charge at the moment:

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...91-hongkongers

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    There is still no EVIDENCE that "passing people on the street" is a risk. All the risk factors I have read so far indicate that being INSIDE in a crowded closed environment (such as a church, lift, taxi, bar, restaurant, work etc) or LIVING with someone pose the greatest risks. So far I have not read of anyone who got it "passing someone in the street". Put another way, the extensive contact tracing were not tracing people passed on the street - only people in close proximity for 15-30 mins (depending on which jurisdictions tracing you look at).

It really is critical to identify if this is true or not. The microdroplet experiment linked on here a week or so back was one of the most insightful I have seen; and that indicated that opening a window pretty much eliminated the risk quickly. Pretty sure being outside is better than opening a window in terms of particle dispersal and evaporation of any kind of droplet or even aerosol.

Sure, if they got to the park by riding a bus or metro with other people - I agree. Don't do it. But if they drove their in their own car, or walked, then the only issue as far as I can see is "simplicity of message" - that is - it's easier to enforce a simple "stay at home" message than a complex message. Or put another way - it's easier to treat people as sheep
    You don't think that given there is still lots we don't know about the virus it might just be worth playing safe? Clearly not as you seem intent in as many people to be infected as possible to build up herd immunity.

Original Post Deleted
    That's the HK Police for you.

only in Hong Kong?

Health officials said on Tuesday that officials had mixed up two family members and had taken a man to hospital to be isolated instead of his son who was the one who had actually tested positive for Covid-19.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20200407.htm
    Coolboy, MatthieuTofu and Jaz Paul like this.

This is the golden part of the above article...

"Concerning people with Nepali names, they look quite similar to us," he explained.