Like Tree4Likes

Best dehumidifier?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best dehumidifier?

Hi!

I’m looking for a good dehumidifier that will do the trick for a 400 sq ft apartment, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I’d rather not shell out a ton of money, but I definitely want one that’s of reasonably good quality.

Thanks so much!

Or if anyone knows someone who’s moving and wants to sell a lightly-used one, would also love to be put in touch ☺️.

-Virginia

Been very happy with this model- on the expensive side, I got it on sale for about 3500, does my whole flat (almost 500 square feet, 2BR), tank fills about once a day, 4 liters.

https://www.philips.com.hk/en/c-p/DE...r-dehumidifier

For used, there is almost always someone selling on GeoExpat, just be a bit patient, for 1000 or less some will come on the market.

What I like about mine is that it's pretty quiet and has good filter function as well- which I wasn't really shopping for but was on sale so I said, why not and glad I got it. Got it at Wing On which has good sales every now and then, I think I bought it in May or June.

-1983- likes this.

Mitsubishi makes the best dehumidifiers

junichitsuyo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    Mitsubishi makes the best dehumidifiers
    their compressors seem to be indistructible. I have a 21 year old fridget that is flawless...

But for dehumidifier I would recommend a hybrid that can deal with winter temperatures. I have a Panasonic that is excellent, pretty quiet... has got a bunch of different modes that actually do stuff, like clothes drying mode will use both the compressor and desicant+heat etc...

I'd recommend Mitsubishi #1, followed by Hitachi, Sharp and Panasonic. I find the $3500 price range to be sweet spot for most value. I have one dehumidifier for every room in the flat.

TheBrit likes this.

I would second the hybrid suggestion if the OP really wants "best". Not because of temperatures (in HK when it's cooler, it's usually also drier) but because they appear to be more effective overall. My hybrid Panasonic is much more effective than my standard Mitsubishi.

I have bought 2 Panasonic hybrid on carousel for around HK$600. second hand

I may be biased but I did a lot of research a while back and the Carrier DC-22 in Hong Kong has exceeded my expectations. I've had it for a couple of years now and it gets rid of water like it's nothing, big tank and suitable for sleeping. I'd stay away from smaller models as I also got the DC-17 and it's too noisy. I was going to use the DC-22 for the living room but now use for the bedroom.

The best dehumidifer is the one you find second-hand. We have been happy for the past 6 or so years with a secondhand Whirlpool one we got via the classifieds.

It recently started leaking though, and I'm happy to say this was an easy fix -- just needed the drain to be cleaned of dust!

One has been sufficient for us in even over 600 sq/ft.

The clothes drying function is useful -- it just blows more hot air.

huja likes this.

Bought a LG for around $5k. highly recommend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast