View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 48 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Panic buying redux.

Mannings seems to have had no new mask intake since the great mask run of early February. Very strange... big corporation hasn’t been able to get masks while virtually all the small pharmacies have had them since early March.

HK_Katherine and Jackie1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Mannings seems to have had no new mask intake since the great mask run of early February. Very strange... big corporation hasn’t been able to get masks while virtually all the small pharmacies have had them since early March.
    It's possible they have "standards" they maintain re masks. It would be consistent with their brand image. Most of the masks easily purchased are clearly cheap and probably not surgical quality. I saw 3M masks in TST a couple of days back in boxes which looked like the box was made from a photocopy not a real one.... Hence high risk of it being fake.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Panic buying redux.
    yeah what's up again??

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    It's possible they have "standards" they maintain re masks. It would be consistent with their brand image. Most of the masks easily purchased are clearly cheap and probably not surgical quality. I saw 3M masks in TST a couple of days back in boxes which looked like the box was made from a photocopy not a real one.... Hence high risk of it being fake.
    Seriously, stop making things up in your head. I actually do know an owner of one of the small pharmacies that still manages to sell face masks and like everything else that is in high demand around the world, getting stock of face masks in has meant paying a marked up price, and then it is reflected in the sales price to the public. Selling a box of 50 normal surgical masks for $280 makes him a profit of $15-20 tops.

The big chains are unwilling to pay that price to get stock in, so they’ve been trying hard to source elsewhere in hope of buying them cheap, just like every other company in the world.

I've two boxes of masks sourced from those pharmacies. I like them, because I like breathing. They are cheap and flimsy - perfect for me (not so much those thinking they actually do much).

Quote Originally Posted by blueagles:
    yeah what's up again??
    Apparently Vietnam is building up stockpiles of rice so people are afraid it will run out. The news were reporting on limits on rice purchases in HK supermarkets and a people buying up all the eggs.
    blueagles, kimwy66 and shri like this.

Cross-posting from the news thread- if Shenzhen has its way, drivers need to provide health certificates to cross the border, meaning possible future shortages. Time to panic buy whatever it is you need to get by...at least grab some extra toilet paper on the way home...

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20200402.htm

shri and MatthieuTofu like this.

Supermarket today had no butter. None whatsoever. Some marg but not butter. Grrr. I didn't think the "home baking" lark was likely to take off in HK with our lack of ovens!

Rich pipple's shops like Gold Coast Jason's and Aegean Coast Fusion no more butter or flour ... head up to USelect in Sam Shing or Kam Kee by Yan Oi market; doesn't seem to be any shortage of such things there.

HK_Katherine likes this.