Like Tree38Likes

HK Govt Relief Measures for Covid-19

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Does this mean I can put a bunch of staff on unpaid leave for a few months and the Government pay me to do it?
    I don't think so. There should be relevant conditions if the company decides to accept the grant. I am also waiting for details of the terms and conditions.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Er... Yes. It helps you not get sacked!
    Ugh...if a company doesn't have any profit and has a chance of shutting down, I highly doubt $9,000 will make the owner change their mind to retaining jobs as opposed to just sacking the employee.

Legco session starts...

A marathon 10-hour long meeting of the Legco's Finance Committee is underway to discuss the second round of relief measures to help businesses and workers affected by the economic fallout of the Covid-19 outbreak.

The HK$137.5 billion anti-epidemic relief measures was announced by the government last week, of which HK$80 billion will go towards the Employment Support Scheme where the government will pay half of workers' salaries for six months, capped at HK$9,000 a month, as long as those companies don't sack staff.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...2-20200417.htm

Anyone know or familiar with the govt employment scheme and where or when application will begin? Thanks in advance.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/f...rmation_en.pdf

My friends in USA have received their relief cheques, and US companies with the Payroll Protection Program has got loans approved and money to be received this week. I have so far received nothing from government.

Quote Originally Posted by lijacq:
    My friends in USA have received their relief cheques, and US companies with the Payroll Protection Program has got loans approved and money to be received this week. I have so far received nothing from government.
    Because you have not taxed your forms in!

(civil servants are pretending to work from home... No laptops or remote access.)
    civil_servant likes this.

Regarding the HK Gov payment of $7,500 for self employed into their MPF funds. The MPF must have been active and receiving regular input between Jan 2019 and the end of March 2020 (total 15 months). No chance to open one now and benefit

I mean my USA friends have already received the funding into their bank account (personal relief and corporate forgiven loans), and we in HK still pending to send in forms, or not even have forms to send it for the HKD10,000 relief fund.

Quote Originally Posted by meinhkhk:
    Regarding the HK Gov payment of $7,500 for self employed into their MPF funds. The MPF must have been active and receiving regular input between Jan 2019 and the end of March 2020 (total 15 months). No chance to open one now and benefit
    So if you changed jobs in that period you are stuffed?

no idea on that, the info about the 15 month period came out last week, scuppered my plans to open an MPF fund to get the 7,500.

2 separate 'advisors" from the bank told me the same story and one showed me the communication they had received. My Chinese was not up to reading it ....but have no reason to disbelieve them.

If you are self employed and had an MPF fund during that period at least it's worth applying, they will soon tell you if you are not eligible