Like Tree63Likes

Activating a Visa During Quarantine / Border Closures

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hi.

The Macau option didn't work.
    The immigration officer said it wasnt possible with quarantine rules at the moment.
    I went back to immigration tower and they were able to help me have my visa activated.

@James35 wow that sounds good. When i asked the immigration officer over the phone how i can activate the visa without crossing the border, she wasn't able to provide me with a solution and added that visa activation can only be done through exiting and re-entering HK.... i was hoping for a special arrangement (to activate the visa within HK) under this pandemic situation. Your experience gives me hope now! i hope it will work for me 2...

How did you manage to get them to activate your visa at the immigration tower? I am in the same position trying to activate a visa, and they refused to do it when I saw them yesterday.

stinkerbell likes this.

I first went to immigration tower and they also weren't able to immediately help. I wrote my case officer a note as she wasn't available that outlined my situation.
    I then rung my case officer which took some time to get through and eventually explained my situation again to her.
    She got back to me at a later date saying I would be able to have my passport stamped at immigration tower. On the arranged date I went to have my passport stamped and paid an additional fee for this service.
    This was also the height of the pandemic so they might change their approach as the situation here changes.
    After I had my passport stamped I went immediately upstairs to the ID card counters as the online app only showed appointments weeks away.
    I was able to get a walk in appointment for the ID and collected the card the following week.

Good Luck

Cool

Hi @stinkerbell and @kohakuriver. Were you guys able to work it out? I am in the same situation and plan to go the Immigration office soon. Any advice on which section must I go to?

Also, how do I track down my case officer? I checked the visa letter I received and doesn't seem like it is mentioned anywhere. Thanks!

Activating work visa

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with activating their work visa while remaining in HK? I'm here on a tourist visa but don't want to have to fly back to UK as it'll put my health at risk!!

Please let me know if anyone has had any luck.

Thank you
    Caitlin

There's already a thread on this topic. No consensus other than trying to go to Macau Bridge or Shenzhen checkpoints and seeing if they'll let you do a quick.180 through the gates to satisfy the criteria.

Is it possible to buy a refundable air ticket, pass through HKIA security/customs and simply turn around and come right back through IMM? Might be worth investigating.

Wrong
    That dude eventually went back to Immi, where he got it activated

emx and chuckster007 like this.

@caitlinrose - merged your thread with the existing one. Read the posts above yours on this page.

caitlinrose likes this.

Hey, I still haven't managed to activate my visa, but I have made some progress towards it at least. Go to floor 24 of the immigration office with your reference number and ask them for the contact details of your case officer. Contact your case officer and tell them about your situation, and they should suggest that you can apply to have your visa activated in office. You will need to submit some documents but I don't know if it's the same for everyone. In my case, I had to submit a letter explaining why I needed it activated, a letter from an employer saying why I needed it activated, and an employment contract.

vmlinuz likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast