Like Tree38Likes

HK Govt Relief Measures for Covid-19

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by meinhkhk:
    no idea on that, the info about the 15 month period came out last week, scuppered my plans to open an MPF fund to get the 7,500.

2 separate 'advisors" from the bank told me the same story and one showed me the communication they had received. My Chinese was not up to reading it ....but have no reason to disbelieve them.

If you are self employed and had an MPF fund during that period at least it's worth applying, they will soon tell you if you are not eligible
    What is happening to the employment support scheme? I thought they announce the details in May and payment as early as June?
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    What is happening to the employment support scheme? I thought they announce the details in May and payment as early as June?
    Not seen any press releases or news about this. A few other smaller and more targeted scheme details have been announced.

Let's be real here regardless of your political views or whatever. We are in May and HK was hit first in around mid January with more severe lockdowns starting in mid March.

There has been absolutely ZERO actual relief measures implemented. Not one cent (don't count the children school education assistant of $3500, that was planned before covid). Jobs have been lost, businesses shut, social distancing measures and regulations but no actual relief measures in terms of monetary or otherwise.

Luckily I'm ok but I could not imagine those who are ruined with no help.

Some information revealed here:

Restrictions have also been relaxed for more than 200,000 people who are self-employed.

Previous rules stated that they could get a one-off HK$7,500 subsidy from the government only if they have been making contributions to MPF accounts.
    The three-week application period will start on May 25 and employers or self-employed people can submit their applications online, where they can authorise their MPF trustees to pass relevant records to the government.

Lam said the first of the money will be paid out as early as the end of June.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20200512.htm

Some more info here, including hotline phone number and email address:

For enquiries, please email to [email protected] or call our hotline at 183 6122 starting from 9am tomorrow (May 13). The service hours of the hotline is from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays), and the service hours will be from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Sunday during the application period (i.e. May 25 to June 14).
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...0051200764.htm

The Government announced today (May 17) that PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services Limited (PwC) has been appointed as the central processing agent for implementation of the Employment Support Scheme (ESS).

The central processing agent is responsible for, among other things, assisting the Government in designing the workflow of the ESS; developing an online portal for receiving applications; processing and vetting applications; calculating the subsidy, claw back and penalty amount; responding to applicants' enquiries through hotline, emails and helpdesks; and conducting pre- and post-application verification work. It will also work closely with the MPF trustees and other stakeholders to ensure the speedy and prudent processing of ESS applications.
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1

Applications should start tomorrow.. No clue where though.

We will wait and see how it will happen, but the rules for the first tranche have been fixed and the applications will start next Monday (May 25).

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=2

Any update? I literally can't find any information on how or where to apply. Google search leads me to old news articles and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    Any update? I literally can't find any information on how or where to apply. Google search leads me to old news articles and that's it.
    There is an apply now button...

Please prepare the following information before submitting your application:
    • Business Registration Number or other registration details
    • Name of the MPF Trustee (the name of employer must be the same as the name shown on the records of the MPF Trustee; should include all MPF schemes participated during the period 1 December 2019 to 31 March 2020)
    • Name of the MPF Scheme and Scheme Registration/ Participation Number (should include all MPF schemes participated during the period 1 December 2019 to 31 March 2020)
    • The bank account number of the employer and a scanned copy of the bank statement (JPEG / PDF file not exceeding 10MB)
    • (Only applicable to employers with some but not all staff fully funded by the Government) Employees whose wages are fully funded by the Government are not eligible. Please use the designated form to fill in the information of eligible employees (i.e. employees whose wages are not fully funded by the government), including the wage of each employee in the “specified month”. The designated form can be downloaded here.

https://www.ess.gov.hk/en/
    Cminds likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast