Filipino Dependent Visa Application

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Filipino Dependent Visa Application

Any other Filipino dependant visa applicants here? I read on a few forums that it normally takes a while for Southeast Asians compared to the white people. Would like to know what is the average processing time for Filipinos dependant visa application? My husband and I are both Filipino. He is a PR in HK. Some friends told us that it's faster for us if I stay in HK and get a "white card" (this white paper is intended for extension of stay in HK since I am only allowed to stay 14 days visa free). I have work here in the Philippines. We're not in a hurry but we would like to know our options since long distance sucks. We're currently on our 4th month waiting game since we applied.

Thank you in advance for anyone who would answer.

Have immigration made any requests during the 4 month waiting period? What sort of documents have they been asking for?

We forgot to give the house contract which is under his brother's name. Attached on the letter, his brother gave the authorization that I can live in the same house. They live on a 3BR apartment. And they have been there for a longtime already. After that, we haven't heard anything from them anymore.

Hi Tintin12, hope all is well! I’m still waiting for mine to be approved, too. I guess it really is case to case basis. I heard some SEA people got theirs approved within a few months from the date of submission. I’ve been waiting for over almost 1.5 year though.. but don’t be discouraged. I think you’ll have yours approved soon (if not already). Good luck and stay safe!

when was your interview date ?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbless:
    Hi Tintin12, hope all is well! I’m still waiting for mine to be approved, too. I guess it really is case to case basis. I heard some SEA people got theirs approved within a few months from the date of submission. I’ve been waiting for over almost 1.5 year though.. but don’t be discouraged. I think you’ll have yours approved soon (if not already). Good luck and stay safe!
    What have they said to you or asked you in all that time?

Hi Sana, I haven’t been given an interview date. But they did ask me to submit additional documents 6 weeks after my application date.

Hi Hullexile, they asked me for additional documents (ie. Transunion record, photos, bank statement, etc) and I’ve submitted that around this time last year. Haven’t heard back since then. I have been regularly following up with my officer a few months after submitting the additional documents but all I’ve been told it’s still being processed. Didn’t also get a clear answer on why it’s taking this long.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbless:
    On one of the other threads a Refugee status guy managed to get his DP visa approved in 8.5 months which is a record already so why is yours taking 1.5 year still???

Where are you from??
    Are you a refugee in HK??
    Does your partner have job with good salary??

They asked 3 times now about the house contract which we initially forgot to submit. We were thinking it's because of the rally from last year and now the pandemic.

Hi chuckster007, apologies for getting back to you more than a year late lol yeah it’s crazy that it’s taking so long. Yes since my last post i am still waiting no i’m not a refugee, i’m actually the sponsor. not sure what the range of a good salary is, but i do hear ppl earning around 14K+ and having their partner’s visa approved within a year or so.

In terms of savings, I also heard that it doesn’t really matter as long as the sponsor is earning? gosh i really dont know anymore.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated, thank you

Last edited by bubbless; 16-11-2021 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some words

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast