Like Tree44Likes

Rainy season upon us.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Man, don't you hate it when its on weekend that we got such a downpour? Why can't it be on weekdays? Now there is a red rainstorm warning. So much for my plans to spend some time at the beach today.
    yep...but interesting EDB announced schools to be shut today.

. Please broadcast the following special announcement immediately and repeat it at suitable intervals:

Although the Education Bureau (EDB) has announced the suspension of schools this morning due to the issue of the RED Rainstorm Warning Signal, all Collection Centres for Primary One Admission will still be open today. For parents who completed a Choice of Schools Form for the Central Allocation on January 18 or 19 this year, but have not received the "Primary One Registration Form" delivered by post through the door-to-door delivery or the "Mail Collection Notification Card" issued by Hongkong Post, they can go to the designated Collection Centre to collect the "Primary One Registration Form" according to the School Net of the applicant child. The EDB advised that when parents go to the Collection Centres, they need not bring along their child. Parents should carefully consider the weather and safety conditions before they decide to go to the Collection Centres.

If parents are unable to collect the Registration Forms at the Collection Centres, they should go to the School Places Allocation Section at Office 2, 2/F, Manulife Financial Centre, 223 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon during June 8 to 10 (Monday to Wednesday) from 9am to 6pm to collect the Registration Forms.

Ends/Sunday, June 7, 2020

Issued at HKT 7:48
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    yep...but interesting EDB announced schools to be shut today.
    Its local schools, 'nuff said.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 07-06-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Is this some sort of record? Red last Saturday, Black yesterday, Red again today?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Is this some sort of record? Red last Saturday, Black yesterday, Red again today?
    I don't know if its a record, but just be grateful that flooding isn't worse. In the past when we get this volume of rain within a short time, there would normally be massive flooding, especially in the low-lying areas in the New Territories. Instead so far we only got localized flooding. Thanks to flood alleviation measures undertaken in the last decade and a half, incidences of city-wide paralyzing flooding has lessen. Still, there has been some memorable flooding in recent years:

It's early yet. Still pissing down here. It must have finally turned into a depression LOL. Had to cancel my hike, which is unusal because I usually hike through anything.

Statistically June is the rainiest month. I remember one from 2008 that was record setting but this one is off to a good start and coonsidering the year HK had it would be fitting to set a new record . The record high of 145.5mmm for an hour was on June 7th in 2008 and there was major flooding on that day.

Coolboy likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5