Like Tree9Likes

Cyberport - Transportation / Sharing Cabs

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I used to do the same. Taxi to Queen Mary with dropoff at the top of Sassoon Road and jump on 970X that goes directly through the tunnel. The best money I have ever spent on taxis.
    How many co-workers shared a taxi with you? I asked in the company but got no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang:
    How many co-workers shared a taxi with you? I asked in the company but got no response.
    Just me by myself. My coworkers rather waited around for another hour to catch the free company shuttle bus.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Just me by myself. My coworkers rather waited around for another hour to catch the free company shuttle bus.
    That's damn expensive then - you need to pay $24 by yourself to get to the top of Sassoon Road.

That's damn expensive then - you need to pay $24 by yourself to get to the top of Sassoon Road.
    Best money I have ever spent.
    rkenia852 likes this.

Used to live in Cyberport. Is the 970 too slow for you? I'd rather just stick to the 970 since it's quite frequent. You could alternatively take the 58 to Kennedy Town as suggested by another poster then switch to the 904 (would not recommend since quite infrequent). 3rd option that no one has suggested (and for a good reason), walk up to Victoria Road behind the ISF school and hope for a 971 to show up.

Here's the schedule from an unofficial source but more interesting since it shows how many minutes to add to departure from terminus to stops along the way (or otherwise just search up the bus ETA on the bus app about the time you need it to test it out). It either suits you or it doesn't, if you just miss one I'd highly suggest just taking the 970 and bearing thru the detour in Wah Fu.
    https://hkwesttransport.github.io/sc.../TS-971-01.png

HK is full of places like this that have infrequent buses or have inadequate routes. The mythical "last mile" transportation problem in HK is often 5km.

Get yourself an electric unicycle and ride to the optimal stop... personally I ride all the way to central when I go to Cyberport... but I am sure you have better options if you ride in any direction. Getting to the MTR in Aberdeen is pretty nice ride.

Last edited by Fenix2; 08-06-2020 at 12:32 AM.

I was going to suggest taking a taxi by yourself too. Particularly on the way home. I really think your nickle and diming. You have an erratic after work schedule combined with a difficult to reach/get out of work location. It's only for another 6 months.

If we're only talking one way, I'd pay $24x5daysx4weeksx6months and get more of my life back after work, never mind not having to worry about the stress. $3000 seems like a lot, but you won't miss it - time is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Used to live in Cyberport. Is the 970 too slow for you? I'd rather just stick to the 970 since it's quite frequent. You could alternatively take the 58 to Kennedy Town as suggested by another poster then switch to the 904 (would not recommend since quite infrequent). 3rd option that no one has suggested (and for a good reason), walk up to Victoria Road behind the ISF school and hope for a 971 to show up.

Here's the schedule from an unofficial source but more interesting since it shows how many minutes to add to departure from terminus to stops along the way (or otherwise just search up the bus ETA on the bus app about the time you need it to test it out). It either suits you or it doesn't, if you just miss one I'd highly suggest just taking the 970 and bearing thru the detour in Wah Fu.
    https://hkwesttransport.github.io/sc.../TS-971-01.png
    I will take the 58 if there is enough capacity - but unfortunately it is not and it sometimes causes me great trouble when I need to get to the HKU sports centre for swim training after work.

I also tried 971 in the past, but because it need to stop through Kennedy Town and Shek Tong Tsui, it is as slow as the 970.

There's no good answer that will satisfy your needs to get to Cyberport and the various other places you've listed unless you get a car.

Parking at Cyberport can be negotiated :P
    Parking at HKU Sandy Bay is expensive!

Hi, would you be interested in sharing a taxi to Admiralry or Wanchai?