Like Tree73Likes

Best and worse place to live in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Best for me would be Ap Lei Chau, and Wong Chuk Wan along to Repulse Bay. On paper Ma Wan looks great but I've never been there to see for myself.

Original Post Deleted
    Lack of MTR is bummer though.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    It's exactly because of this convenience, I find CWB more than acceptable for me to reside in. I agree it's a little bit noisy but then, I wouldn't live in places like Sai Ying Pun (I did once) which is deafeningly quite at night (that doesn't mean, I'd go rent a room in LKF area ,either).

Well, like I said - it depends on what you're looking for.
    That raises an interesting question, how much is one willing to trade off convenience for livability in HK?

Doesn't Xi JinPing's niece has a 1,700 square meter house in Repulse Bay?

Also an entire floor of the Convention Plaza apartments in Wanchai.

Li Zhanshu's family also own a big house in Repulse Bay and live there as do supposedly quite a few of the families of the top echelons of the CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

Li Zhanshu's family also own a big house in Repulse Bay and live there as do supposedly quite a few of the families of the top echelons of the CCP.
    Careful, you might be disclosing national secrets, you can be seen as threatening national security and soon disappear, hidden away in some undisclosed detention centre and be held without trial...

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

that sweet money you get when you're a communist!

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Careful, you might be disclosing national secrets, you can be seen as threatening national security and soon disappear, hidden away in some undisclosed detention centre and be held without trial...
    Didn't the reporter who broke this story a few years ago lose his job and had his home searched by the Police? So yes you're right with the Party Security Laws the story would never of broken.
    Coolboy likes this.

I live 30 seconds walk from Sogo in Causeway Bay amd love it, so convienient for food and a few decent bars. Hell for me would be DB , mid levels and Soho. I hardly ever go further west than Arsenal street. Just a note, I do leave CWB, I work in Tseun Wan, which is quite nice, but really CWB has it all for me.

hannah01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    That raises an interesting question, how much is one willing to trade off convenience for livability in HK?
    Both comes first. I wouldn't live in a shoebox apartment just for the sake of conveniences around it (shopping, food, commute, clinics). That said, I don't live in a penthouse sprawling beyond my vision, either . (I might, one day).
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Both comes first. I wouldn't live in a shoebox apartment just for the sake of conveniences around it (shopping, food, commute, clinics). That said, I don't live in a penthouse sprawling beyond my vision, either . (I might, one day).
    Oh definitely. Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. Hehehe.
    hannah01 likes this.