Like Tree13Likes

Shenzhen to HK commute

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    He said he isn't a PR
    Doesn't mean he can't get a PR. Depends on passport.

It took a long time passing through immigration for me every time i traveled via high speed to Shenzhen or Guangzhou using my foreign passport, doing it every day seems, too much time consuming and tiring while waiting in queue.
    I have few friends who take the same route everyday and quite comfortable with it since they hold a Chinese passport.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Doesn't mean he can't get a PR. Depends on passport.
    what mrgoodkat was saying is that the OP isnt a PR so CANT get APEC card in HK.

Did anyone tell you this was a good idea? I can understand if it's for 2 days a week or whatever, but if you do it 5 days, basically 10 times, I guess you can get a stamp for the immigration form. The line still sucks and all that. Then commute from the rail station to work. Not many people want their life to be half filled with commute time. It's not even time you can just sleep or work away since it's a lot of walking around. By the time you get home from work it'll be a quick dinner, and going to sleep soon only to start over the next day. I wouldn't even want to do it with PR status.

It's possible to obtain residence permit without work or study, under "personal affairs", i think OP have a GF in Shenzhen which is enough good reason to obtain RP under personal affairs.

1) Can register for e-channel from Mainland side
    2) Can register accommodation online using wechat only

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    It's possible to obtain residence permit without work or study, under "personal affairs", i think OP have a GF in Shenzhen which is enough good reason to obtain RP under personal affairs.
    You have to be married to receive a residence permit. Girlfriend won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You have to be married to receive a residence permit. Girlfriend won't cut it.
    Read 1st then comment! ""personal affairs""

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    Read 1st then comment! ""personal affairs""
    Personal affairs is for medical treatment or adoption. There is no residence permit for unmarried partners.

å› å·¥ä½œã€å­¦ä¹ ç­‰äº ç”±åœ¨ç å±…ç•™å¤–å›½ 人的配偶、父母〠æœªæ»¡18周岁的子女㠀é…å¶çš„父母,以 Šå› æŽ¥å—åŒ»ç–—æ•‘å ©ã€æœåŠ¡ç­‰å…¶ä»–ç§ ººäº‹åŠ¡éœ€è¦åœ¨ä¸­å›½ 境内居留的外国 人。

ç æµ·å¸‚å…¬å®‰å±€ç½‘ç ™

5ã€ç§äººäº‹åŠ¡ç±»ï¼šæŒ S1字签证入境者, Ž¢äº²äººå‘˜åº”当提交 è¢«æŽ¢æœ›äººå‡ºå…·çš„è¯ ´æ˜Žäº²å±žï¼ˆé…å¶ã€çˆ ¶æ¯ã€é…å¶çš„父母㠁未满18周岁子女) å…³ç³»çš„å‡½ä»¶å’Œå±…ç ™è¯ä»¶ã€‚å¯ä»¥ç­¾å‘ 与被探望人在华居 留期一致的居留 è¯ä»¶ã€‚å…¶ä»–äººå‘˜å ”å½“æäº¤å¤„ç†ç§äºº º‹åŠ¡ç›¸å…³çš„è¯æ˜Žæ æ–™ã€‚å¯ä»¥ç­¾å‘å±… •™æœŸä¸è¶…过1å¹´çš„å …ç•™è¯ä»¶ã€‚
    http://www.gov.cn/bumenfuwu/2019-05/...nt_5388755.htm

Westerners who work in Hong Kong and commute from Shenzhen with 'personal affairs' in the city have been known to end up getting murdered with their body chopped into little pieces.