Like Tree59Likes

Where to find 'Crispy Aromatic Duck' in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Do you mean M&S is selling Beijing Duck to cook at home? Or finished duck to reheat?
    Mostly finished but does need reheating. I think it's cooked previously. I don't know if it would be as good reheated in a microwave, I use an oven.

Comes with the cucumber (needs cutting) and the spring onions,.pancakes and sauce.
    mrgoodkat and Hjk10001 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I'm going to recommend Mott 32, its still Peking duck but it's the best you will have in HK i think. Need to pre-order though.
    Just had this tonight. Really nice! Still not crispy aromatic though!

I said to my wife this evening, first thing I’m doing when back in the UK is going to a Chinese and getting Aromatic duck!
    Last edited by Pauljoecoe; 29-06-2020 at 11:30 PM.
    jenic, Hjk10001 and HK_Katherine like this.

@bsh please share your cousin's contact details.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Marks and Spencer

Oh yes! I forgot about them. Their version's pretty good but stock up on extra cucumber (which is really cheap in M & S anyway)

Last edited by bsh; 30-06-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

My cheffy cousin?

I'll ask and see if he'll do a cooking class.

Just asked around the office with my local colleagues. They know what it is but not where to find it. One suggested trying Shanghainese restaurants?

Last edited by bsh; 30-06-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    Hjk10001 likes this.

I don't think OP is referring to Peking Duck... he's asking for crispy duck which they serve in UK Chinese restaurants... its like deep fried duck of some sort.

But for Peking duck I still think Peking Garden in Alexandra House do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    M&S. some preparation required. But the finished product is really not bad at all.

Thanks for the idea HK_K.
    I had totally forgotten about the M&S prepare-at-home version. I tried it many years ago in London, it was fine but no cheaper/better than the version from my local Chinese restaurant so didn't bother again.
    I'm in M&S at least twice a week for their milk so i hope they stock the Crispy Duck here in HK.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

no pancakes or plum sauce, but you can check out classic French confit duck which is similar and then flake it yourself.

angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Just had this tonight. Really nice! Still not crispy aromatic though!

I said to my wife this evening, first thing I’m doing when back in the UK is going to a Chinese and getting Aromatic duck!
    Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    Just asked around the office with my local colleagues. They know what it is but not where to find it. One suggested trying Shanghainese restaurants?

I seriously think there is an untapped demand for this in HK, and sure to be popular with those who haven't tried it before. A potential business opportunity?! ......even in these stressed times....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast