Like Tree6Likes

2020 IB Results

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2020 IB Results

Today is results day!

VSA have announced their results

https://www.vsa.edu.hk/en/news/2020.aspx

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

General consensus seems to be that this is a complete massacre, majority seem to have dropped a significant amount this year from their predicteds

Sha Tin College had 11 perfect scores last year which was almost a third of the HK total, I guess they will also have a massive drop.

ESF’s Sha Tin College was the groups's top-performing school with six top scorers; these included Eugene Lau, Maggie So, George Su, Athena Tsang, Gavin Yeung, and Charmaine Yuen.

ESF’s other top scorers include Jun Lim and Jason Ma at King George V School; Jasmine Lee at Renaissance College; Vereta Gour at South Island School, Lauren Tarrant at Discovery College, and Anya Saunders at Island School.

https://whichschooladvisor.com/hong-...b-results-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Sha Tin College had 11 perfect scores last year which was almost a third of the HK total, I guess they will also have a massive drop.
    2019 cohort achieved a
    Hong Kong average DP score of 35.96 points

2020 cohort achieved a

Global average DP score of 29.90 points
    Hong Kong average DP score of 36.31points

So the massive drop was actually up a little
    traineeinvestor and shri like this.

Did they interview these top scorers what they intend to study in universities? The SCMP article mentioned some but not all. If past record is any guide, most of these straight A students will end up going to either medical school at HKU or CUHK or law school at HKU or CUHK. That might be some statistical science (data scientists are increasingly in demand), business admin major at other UST or an occasional social science major. But most will end up as doctor or lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    2019 cohort achieved a
    Hong Kong average DP score of 35.96 points

2020 cohort achieved a

Global average DP score of 29.90 points
    Hong Kong average DP score of 36.31points

So the massive drop was actually up a little
    Going from 11 perfect score to 6 is what I would call a significant drop in perfect scores which is what I was talking about in my post.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast