Like Tree59Likes

Worst movie casting of the last decade?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    could off been like 'battle angel anita' but it ended up like crap, not really to do with scarlett johannson casting, more to do with the director and writers, as the original 'manga' animated film from the mid 90s has more of a philosophically edge to it and melancholic atmosphere to it , but the western remake was just run of mill action with the depth deleted from it, thus, soulless and hollow.

i have the original DVD which i purchased in the late 90s and taken it to HK to watch one day
    Hollywood has a way of missing (or ignoring) the subtleties of foreign movies. I.e. Even though The Departed was critically acclaimed in the U.S., it was a joke compared to Infernal Affairs. Likewise the original Japanese Shall We Dance had both tension and charm that the Gere/JLo remake lacked.
    imparanoic and rkenia852 like this.

Jack Reacher : Joe Manganiello, Gerard Butler

threelittlepigs likes this.

I thought Batfleck was pretty poor although to be fair it is no easy job following Christian Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Hollywood has a way of missing (or ignoring) the subtleties of foreign movies. I.e. Even though The Departed was critically acclaimed in the U.S., it was a joke compared to Infernal Affairs. Likewise the original Japanese Shall We Dance had both tension and charm that the Gere/JLo remake lacked.
    I enjoyed The Departed, thought overall it was a very good remake but for the addition of the Mark Wahlberg character who isn't in the original.

Not that I thought Brie Larson was bad but I did think Emily Blunt would have made a very good Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Jack Reacher : Joe Manganiello, Gerard Butler
    Dave Bautista
    tal56 likes this.

Long but worth watching . . .

https://youtu.be/1ikqU6G6Xgs

Daniel Craig's performances in an otherwise entertaining Knives Out was James Bond imitating Foghorn Leghorn. Shame. Stephen Root would have been amazing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8946378/

Elegiaque, AsianXpat0 and Stu79 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton as Batman. Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist in 007 World is not Enough. Tilda Swinton in Dr Strange. Johnny Depp as Tonto.
    Title said last decade not last century
    chuckster007, shri and rkenia852 like this.

The Crown season 3, Tobias Menzies. He's a good villain character (and ok, maybe the Duke of Edinburgh should be a villain by some people's accounts), and the whole time I couldn't get over seeing him as the evil rapist he was as Black Jack Randall in Outlander. Even Olivia Coleman was not very convincing in the way the young cast for seasons 1-2 had been. Ah well... thanks Huja for keeping us focused on what matters these days.