Like Tree67Likes

What video games are you currently playing?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

What video games are you currently playing?

Thank god for my Switch and Xbox in these times, playing games is a great time waster and actually makes me want to stay home. So what are you all currently playing?

I just got Far Cry 5 for $60. It's pretty good, not as enjoyable as 4 but still fun. There is almost too much going on in it sometimes though. Story is interesting, I can see why the US were pissed at it.

Also enjoying watching my OH replay Witcher 3. It makes me want to start over too, brilliant game.

Last edited by mused; 28-07-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    ArrynField likes this.

i've been playing a lot of COD with my US and UK friends. The time difference works well for us and importantly the social aspect of the game allows us to just 'hang out' and talk rubbish for a few hours. Everyone needs it right now.

I have also been doing a bit of ACNH just to chill a bit. it was fun at first but I'm kind of over it.

There might be some Zelda coming up...

and Civ 6. lots of Civ.

mused, AliT and ArrynField like this.

Diablo 3 - got a seasonal character who is progressing fairly well, so it's fun to just blast the crap out of hundreds of enemies...

Ring Fit Adventure - feels a little bit like a home workout...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    I have also been doing a bit of ACNH just to chill a bit. it was fun at first but I'm kind of over it.

There might be some Zelda coming up...
    I was thinking about Animal Crossing but like you said, I think I would get bored quickly. I strongly recommend Zelda BOTW. It took me a while to get really into it, then I was hooked. It's an amazing world to explore, the game design is brilliant. My OH spent some time watching me play and said he was never interested, then got hooked and completed it!

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Ring Fit Adventure - feels a little bit like a home workout...
    Ahh yes I bought that over a month ago and I've played it like 4 times...It is quite fun but it takes way too long to get a decent workout, lots of dialogue etc to get through. If they did longer tracks for like 30mins that would be awesome.
    timonoj and ArrynField like this.

Paper Mario...but I'm really not into the battle mechanics of this game. I should finish one of these days BOTW.
    I breezed through The Last of Us 2. Great story, if so a bit less developed than the first one. Still, really good to play through, and one of the last great games of the PS4.

mused and Paxbritannia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mused:
    Ahh yes I bought that over a month ago and I've played it like 4 times...It is quite fun but it takes way too long to get a decent workout, lots of dialogue etc to get through. If they did longer tracks for like 30mins that would be awesome.
    For what it's worth, you can put together your own workout routines, pick from pre-set ones, or just do random runs/levels, in the custom mode - but I think you need to go through a certain amount of the adventure mode first to unlock it...
    mused likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    For what it's worth, you can put together your own workout routines, pick from pre-set ones, or just do random runs/levels, in the custom mode - but I think you need to go through a certain amount of the adventure mode first to unlock it...
    Yeh I did see that, but individually they were still short. Would love like a 30min non-stop running track without bosses. Maybe I'll explore a bit more though.

Command and Conquer remastered. Great nostalgia. Can't believe how pixelated it is in 1990s mode lol.

And Civ 6. And slowly getting through the original PS4 The Last of Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Command and Conquer remastered. Great nostalgia. Can't believe how pixelated it is in 1990s mode lol.

And Civ 6. And slowly getting through the original PS4 The Last of Us.
    I'm liking the latest 'secret societies' in civ 6....nice tweak to keep things fresh!
    ArrynField likes this.

Just started Ghost of Tsushima - absolutely stunning visuals and really liking the uncomplicated UI (e.g. following the wind direction / birds and foxes to find waypoints).

Have also recently finished Last of Us Part 2 and the Resident Evil 3 remake. Thoroughly enjoyed LoU2 story, although the short 'open world' section in Seattle felt a bit underdeveloped / just tacked on. Resi3 remake felt really short, and didn't seem to have any endgame content (e.g. playing a different character) other than grinding to get new weapons (can't remember how long the original was on the PS1 though....)

mused, Coolboy and ArrynField like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast