Like Tree30Likes

Families in restaurants?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    It's been quite lunches lately. Me and the missus on one table, kids at another.

I know right... they should make this a permanent rule, even after this covid is over with.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    As opposed to the necessity of all the Hong Kongers who live in a 300sqf flat without a proper kitchen or enough space to comfortably seat the whole family at once?
    I live in a 300sqft flat, there is 4 of us, we can sit comfortably and eat, we do not go out for breakfast / lunch or dinner, we either do take away or cook at home or we go to our MIL next building and eat at her 350 sqft apartment 4+2 total 6 of us.
    aquaman, Coolboy and BCD like this.

As opposed to the necessity of all the Hong Kongers who live in a 300sqf flat without a proper kitchen or enough space to comfortably seat the whole family at once? Don't be daft. The whole anti pandemic strategy is a giant cluster fuck of illogical rules that change every week.
    Talking of stupidity are you still saying this is less dangerous than flu and we are all "fucking hypochondriacs"?
    TheBrit, Coolboy, UK/HKboy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Talking of stupidity are you still saying this is less dangerous than flu and we are all "fucking hypochondriacs"?
    Well, since there have been more overall deaths than the flu now, I've moved on to "slightly more dangerous than the flu". But yes, you are still all fucking hypochondriacs, especially you The way people shit their pants stands in no relation to the overall risk of dying from it. But what am I telling you this? You are happy to stay locked in your house and live off the "government rice", the great dear Duterte in all his infinite kindness, has donated to you.
    HK_Katherine and Insomnia like this.

Well, since there have been more overall deaths than the flu now, I've moved on to "slightly more dangerous than the flu". But yes, you are still all fucking hypochondriacs, especially you The way people shit their pants stands in no relation to the overall risk of dying from it. But what am I telling you this? You are happy to stay locked in your house and live off the "government rice", the great dear Duterte in all his infinite kindness, has donated to you.
    I am not that happy to stay locked inside my house but I have no choice. I will be leaving it in a box.

The free rice, which come from a variety of sources none of which are Duterte, is great because we can give it the poor (though we did use the tinned food).

Don't know anyone who is shitting their pants, just being sensible. If you want to take a Trump approach please do.
    etienne43 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It's less dangerous than Spanish Flu. Slightly more dangerous that "average flu". About the same as the very bad flu in 2009 (swine flu?). If you actually look at the numbers now (treatments have improved a lot over the last 6 months).

Original Post Deleted
    How about those people stay inside and stop telling everyone else how to live then? The last time I checked the limits on eating out and everything else affected everyone not just the high risk people. Old and sick people die from the flu as well and yet never prevented everyone else from going about their lives.
    HK_Katherine and Insomnia like this.

How about those people stay inside and stop telling everyone else how to live then? The last time I checked the limits on eating out and everything else affected everyone not just the high risk people. Old and sick people die from the flu as well and yet never prevented everyone else from going about their lives.
    And didn't before there was a vaccine, importantly.

Life has always involved risk. It was - well - just life really. The recent change (probably in the last 20 years only) to a world where we seem to believe we have a RIGHT to a "low risk" life is the problem. Particularly when you combine it with the number of places in the world that don't have a low risk life (war zones) but where we then won't allow those people into "our" low risk worlds.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

For anyone who thinks that the current restrictions are not also killing people.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-crisis-sparks

mrgoodkat likes this.