Like Tree9Likes

Sheltered area to work remotely?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sheltered area to work remotely?

Hi guys!

I guess this one might be a bit odd. But with WFH etc these days, I like to go out and stay in a park or open area while working...anything to get out of home anyway. I like to go Kowloon Walled City park, for example, as it's a very nice park with plenty of shadows and sheltered areas. Is there any other places you'd recommend to be just sitting with your laptop?

I guess I'm posting it in frugal, as I'd prefer if the place is not attached to consumption... Less people I guess. But I'd be open to consider some very open cafe or something like that.

Thanks!

Barbados wants to become WeWork

not sure if you are willing to go here but its nice here. i walk along it from work.

1. View of HK Island
    2. Free Govt Wifi
    3. Toilets
    4. Drinks Vending Machine
    5. Not that many people, mostly walking or running
    6. Lots of places to choose to sit and work along this long stretch of area.

https://goo.gl/maps/SbGrEdgivpT4iPBFA

Avenue of Stars Starbucks. Has an outdoor/roof area that is sheltered.

Name:  2020-07-21.jpg
Views: 5206
Size:  512.7 KB

timonoj and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Avenue of Stars Starbucks. Has an outdoor/roof area that is sheltered.

Was going to suggest this and it's actually a public area, you don't have to get anything from Starbucks first just walk round the back.
    timonoj likes this.

Thanks guys! I'll really try the Kwun Tong and Starbucks ones

You don't find it too hot and humid these days? I've sat in parks to eat dinner when there was no alternative, and I end up sweating. But I wouldn't want to be sitting there with a laptop and doing work if I could be in the air con. Maybe its more breezy by the waterfront?

I can't imagine sitting at a public place wearing a mask all day. Other incoveniences are having to disinfect the surfaces you will work and sit on, purchasing sub-standard food where you wonder about the chain of custody from a virus standpoint, having to source an outlet and/ or carrying an addiitonal power source possibly, using a nasty public restroom, worrying about people sitting nearby. Transportation (MTR and bus) issues and risks of catching the virus along the way. Too many uncontrollable variables.

At least at the Avenue of Stars Starbucks one can always relieve themselves inside the Rosewood.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast