Like Tree24Likes

Covid-19: China to build 'Fangcang' Hospital + Assist in Testing

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So according to Apple Daily, if mass testing, no one can go anywhere for 28 days. So I am scheduled to fly to TW on 19 August, maybe time to move up my date before the lockdown...

https://hk.appledaily.com/local/2020...4ZVODU2HLVCYM/

I wasn't planning to stay in HK for ever (it's simply too expensive to retire here unless you own property). But it's quickly becoming somewhere that I don't like very much.

Yes, these changes were always going to happen in HK sooner or later, but seems the whole China-isation of HK is on steroids right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    So according to Apple Daily, if mass testing, no one can go anywhere for 28 days. So I am scheduled to fly to TW on 19 August, maybe time to move up my date before the lockdown...

https://hk.appledaily.com/local/2020...4ZVODU2HLVCYM/
    The article doesn't say that. It says that some "expert" said that without locking it down for 28 days mass testing wouldn't make much sense.
    shri likes this.

Yeah but my law partner is freaked out, apparently the wild rumors on the HK social media is Wuhan is coming for HK (as in Wuhan-style lockdown). I am not freaked out and could easily postpone for 28 days and wander over to Taipei in September...

BUT...I have changed my ticket to Monday- going to do quarantine in a coworker's flat, he will stay with my partner.

Whatever, now, two weeks from now, I was leaving anyway- besides, pretty sure TW will soon require testing for everyone, right now I am exempt. Hard to get testing these days and get it back in time for travel so may as well just go now...

mrgoodkat likes this.

Since they'll be an exempted team, are they bringing the virus with them? Make sure this election is very well written off.

Leaving my flat as-is, coworker living with cats until their 180-day waiting period expires, just gotta clean some more tomorrow. Throw some stuff in a suitcase, whatever. Gonna miss the cats and the hamster...cannot bring hamster to Taipei.

But, after the postponing of the elections for a year plus arrest warrants for random overseas HKers, everyone is pretty uptight, everyone is jumping to their worst nightmare fears...

Pretty sure this will be the most half-assed emigration of my life...

Cases are coming down anyway, I don't think anyone, including the HK Medical sector sees the need of these kind of grand scale testing/mainland expert team measures.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Cases are coming down anyway, I don't think anyone, including the HK Medical sector sees the need of these kind of grand scale testing/mainland expert team measures.
    Discrete wealth transfer...