Like Tree15Likes

Nintendo Switch: any console guru here ?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ecanza:
    Sorry but I need some help here. I bought my Switch in HK and setup a US eshop account. I used to be able to purchase digital games from the US shop with my HK credit card/paypal account, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. It seems the credit card has to match the region. Does anyone have a workaround for this?
    I ran into this problem too. HK credit card and pay pal stopped working.

Setup an account at www.target.com and buy eshop vouchers.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-es...79#lnk=sametab

.. does anyone else see a page 5 link to this thread that doesn't actually open / exist? A glitch in the system perhaps?

Anyways - anyone knows what happens to previously made purchases if switching Nintendo eShop region back to Hong Kong from the USA? (Though I may still be loathe to do this anyways given the different game catalogues and that the HK shop doesn't appear to be fully integrated)

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    .. does anyone else see a page 5 link to this thread that doesn't actually open / exist? A glitch in the system perhaps?

Anyways - anyone knows what happens to previously made purchases if switching Nintendo eShop region back to Hong Kong from the USA? (Though I may still be loathe to do this anyways given the different game catalogues and that the HK shop doesn't appear to be fully integrated)
    Nothing will happen, you keep your purchases. I find it easier to make different accounts for the different regions you want to buy from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Nothing will happen, you keep your purchases. I find it easier to make different accounts for the different regions you want to buy from.
    Good to know, thanks. I presume that previous purchases from a different region (for example let's say I break & buy a new Switch) can still be downloaded after i've switched? Providing, presumably, that game is actually available in the region i'm currently set as..?

Off-topic, but... there's a long-standing bug on this site where the total number of posts (and therefore pages) doesn't take into account some posts which don't actually show in the thread - possibly because the poster has been banned or ignored, or the post has been deleted or moved to another thread. Tends to hit long threads harder...

Good to know, thanks. I presume that previous purchases from a different region (for example let's say I break & buy a new Switch) can still be downloaded after i've switched? Providing, presumably, that game is actually available in the region i'm currently set as..?
    Yes you can. But as I said you are better to make different accounts in one Switch, you can then play any of the downloaded games with whichever account you want irrespective of region.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Setup an account at www.target.com and buy eshop vouchers.

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-es...79#lnk=sametab
    Sorry to dwindle on this again, but after proceeding to the Target link I did notice these comments. Have you tried the eCard? Does it work?

Name:  Target-SwitchCoupon.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  71.4 KB

Perhaps these comments are for people who had their System set to non-USA? Or are they detecting IP address / requiring valid US CC on file now?

When I purchased the Switch when it first launched, HK didn't have an eshop, so I setup a US account and purchased from e-shop Nintendo US and paid with HK credit card and HK Paypal.

My credit card and paypal stopped working (When the HK eshop was active), so I decided to buy the eshop vouchers through Target USA.

If you are worried, you can start off with USD10 voucher.

Last edited by ArrynField; 11-08-2020 at 12:27 AM.

Sorry to dwindle on this again, but after proceeding to the Target link I did notice these comments. Have you tried the eCard? Does it work?

Perhaps these comments are for people who had their System set to non-USA? Or are they detecting IP address / requiring valid US CC on file now?
    You can setup different eshop accounts for different regions....The Switch is not region locked, so you can buy eshop games from whichever eshop region you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    You can setup different eshop accounts for different regions....The Switch is not region locked, so you can buy eshop games from whichever eshop region you want.
    how do i change the eshop region? is there a region with more games than others?