Like Tree20Likes

Anyone know where to get this bracket for blinds?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone know where to get this bracket for blinds?

I've contacted most of the listed blinds stores in HK with no avail and my local DIY stores have no idea.

The company that did our blinds has long gone, so a bit stumped now.

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    I've contacted most of the listed blinds stores in HK with no avail and my local DIY stores have no idea.

The company that did our blinds has long gone, so a bit stumped now.

I hear you and agree that getting stuff like this in HK can be like building a pyramid a lot of the time, which made it needlessly frustrating. I replaced the wheel runners on one of our sliding doors about a month ago as the first one had a large chip out of it causing it to run rough along the guide rail. No problem, i removed the wheel and trotted off to my local Bunnings Hardware store and found the aisle that has a whole section dedicated to sliding door runner wheels of various size and matched the one I had with me to one off the rack and went home and fitted it, job done and happy. Which is the way life should be, simple and easy.

Hong Kong for this small stuff can be a bit of a PITA, but if you can get across the border to Lo Wu, in the commercial centre on the ground floor there are a handful of blind shops which if you take your clip there, you could easily get a replacement via one of them. But due to Covid19 not sure how easy it is to get across the border to Shenzhen at the moment, but that's where I would go, as thats where the HK blind shops get their stuff from. The clips will be easy to get there.

The other alternative is to have a local friend who goes across the Shenzhen border regularly to get it for you. I know this because we used to get our timber venetians made there and have them delivered to our house in Sai Kung, for a third of the price that the HK blind shops were charging for the exact same things.
    periphery831 likes this.

Have you tried walking the length of Shanghai Street and surrounding streets from PE To Jordan? If you can’t find it there you won’t find it anywhere

Check YP.com.hk (Yellow pages) for either metal workshops or suppliers of blinds. You might get lucky and find someone who has the same bracket or can whip a couple up for you.

Or may be a good handyman?

Might end up costing you a premium.

periphery831 likes this.

I had gear break on my Hunter Douglas blinds but the HK HD dealers would not sell me the part to fix it, instead they wanted me to buy all new blinds!

I end up ordering the $5 part from the US and fixed it myself.

Is it the piece that fits into the L-bracket? If so, Amazon has them...

https://www.amazon.com/QTY-Vertical-...367228&sr=8-39

Oh my, if you search C clip and blinds hardware, there is an assortment of products...in various sizes- remember US still uses inches and stuff but the holes have an elongated opening, there is some play in it...

https://www.amazon.com/JCBlinds-Vert...4QVZNFV2NR9KGN

periphery831 likes this.

If you have one of the brackets then you can get it replicated in PE/SSP at steel fab shops - You'll pay a premium for sure but they should be able to make it pretty easily. I doubt it would be less than $100 and maybe several hundred - But still might be cheaper than going to SZ for the day.

Let me know if you need fab shop details.

periphery831 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    If you have one of the brackets then you can get it replicated in PE/SSP at steel fab shops - You'll pay a premium for sure but they should be able to make it pretty easily. I doubt it would be less than $100 and maybe several hundred - But still might be cheaper than going to SZ for the day.

Let me know if you need fab shop details.
    +1 for this idea.

If it's just the steel clip you need, then find a steel guy and ask them to do it. The piece normally doesn't need to be exactly that shape so if there's a little piece of scrap you could just bend it with pliers and get a hole drilled. Often doesn't need to be an exact replica.
    Sage and periphery831 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gch555:
    +1 for this idea.

If it's just the steel clip you need, then find a steel guy and ask them to do it. The piece normally doesn't need to be exactly that shape so if there's a little piece of scrap you could just bend it with pliers and get a hole drilled. Often doesn't need to be an exact replica.
    Agreed, but making something like this with just pliers would likely not be possible, you’d need a bench vice and a hammer at least.
    periphery831 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast