Like Tree26Likes

Anything new with parking tickets?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I mentioned that earlier, that the parking offence be tied to the vehicle license, as the car will likely be company owned ( with some) anyway. once they clock up 5 tickets, then they lose the use of that vehicle for 12 months and can’t even sell it, until the ban is lifted.
    Please, no. My wife would have lost us our vehicle licence far too quickly. Better that she keeps funding the government deficit with her continuous flow of parking tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Please, no. My wife would have lost us our vehicle licence far too quickly. Better that she keeps funding the government deficit with her continuous flow of parking tickets.
    or ?

she gets auto pay attached to her octopus card and parks the car in public car parks.Then the law would achieve what it is meant to do.

no excuse then
    do the crime, do the time.....

simples

They've definitely become more aggressive.

In my area the motorbikes that used to park in alleyways seem no more.

Last month I had my bike wheeled out of its space in the street parking I've been parking in for years and on onto the street next to the motorbike parking spaces. I racked up a number of tickets by the time I returned. I figure it was likely moved by one of the increased number of food delivery riders. I've contested the tickets, we'll see what I hear back. I'm not holding my breath.

or ?

she gets auto pay attached to her octopus card and parks the car in public car parks.Then the law would achieve what it is meant to do.

no excuse then
    do the crime, do the time.....

simples
    Not simple - your proposal has me losing my car for someone else's conduct. The days when a man could be criminally liable for the acts of his wife are (thankfully) long behind us.
    shri likes this.

I’m pretty sure some of the people are factoring the cost of a ticket into their parking

Sai Kung is so frustrating at times - especially the road leading to the piers where the red taxis park in the middle of the road because the rank is full, the big busses struggle to get through and everything gets backed up in little over a minute.

There’s also a square where cars are sometimes double parked. I reckon ticketing happens once a month here unless someone knows better.

Double the cost of a ticket and more towaways are needed. They know where the registered owner is so tow it to the most inconvenient place possible from their address. 3 tickets in a year. Give them license endorsements

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I’m pretty sure some of the people are factoring the cost of a ticket into their parking

Sai Kung is so frustrating at times - especially the road leading to the piers where the red taxis park in the middle of the road because the rank is full, the big busses struggle to get through and everything gets backed up in little over a minute.

There’s also a square where cars are sometimes double parked. I reckon ticketing happens once a month here unless someone knows better.

Double the cost of a ticket and more towaways are needed. They know where the registered owner is so tow it to the most inconvenient place possible from their address. 3 tickets in a year. Give them license endorsements
    Off Street parking is quite dysfunctional in Sai Kung, that's for sure. It was nowhere near as bad as it is now, prior to the HKA and the rather obnoxious high rise developments that have gone on over the last 5 -10 years.

I used to be able to get a park in the mornings between Mushroom Bakery and Harrods, most mornings to pop in and grab a few things, but then again I wasnt one to park in SK Town for longer than an hour, typically, usually less. It became gradually harder when I had to do things with the kids, trying to park after dropping the kids off at their piano/art/mandarin/swimming/soccer/TaeKwonDo classes etc became more of a PITA.

And yeah, they definitely need to tow truck a few cars on the weekends when its worst for illegal parking there, it's such a shit fight usually !

It still amazes me that they don't tow and impound cars that illegally park in the busier city streets, if they did and made it say, $2000hkd to get your car back and all the feck around in getting it out, then folks wouldn't illegally park. Put the impound yard in Sheung Shui, just to make it as inconvenient as possible to get the car back, no matter where it was towed from. I reckon within a very short time, mofo's would just use the pay per hour car parks instead.
    I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me last week, but no, I did actually see the Police do a towing blitz around Kwun Tong. Actually towing cars! Was a sight to behold.

But I can also confirm the past 2 weeks they have really stepped up their game in Kwun Tong, they have even stopped the audible warning for the car garages. They used to drive around the block on the speaker saying to move the cars then return 10 minutes later to issue tickets after of course the garages have moved the cars. Still the garages have enough manpower to play musical chairs, drive off and save their spaces with chairs, buckets etc...and just come back after the police have moved on. But for the office workers tough luck.

Parking is so expensive now even in shitty Kwun Tong that day parking is $180+, with those prices you can factor in street parking and still factor in 2 tickets a week and come out ahead. The fines are far too cheap. Street parking is a major pain as it means the goods vehicles have no where to load and offload.

Speaking of sai kung what annoys me the most is the free parking area inbetween Hebe Haven and the Giverny, all the spaces are always occupied by the same cars. It is crying out for a 3am ninja raid to move the cars using car dollies, that would wipe the smile off their faces to find their cars have been moved to the paying spots.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talllatte:
    I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me last week, but no, I did actually see the Police do a towing blitz around Kwun Tong. Actually towing cars! Was a sight to behold.

But I can also confirm the past 2 weeks they have really stepped up their game in Kwun Tong, they have even stopped the audible warning for the car garages. They used to drive around the block on the speaker saying to move the cars then return 10 minutes later to issue tickets after of course the garages have moved the cars. Still the garages have enough manpower to play musical chairs, drive off and save their spaces with chairs, buckets etc...and just come back after the police have moved on. But for the office workers tough luck.

Parking is so expensive now even in shitty Kwun Tong that day parking is $180+, with those prices you can factor in street parking and still factor in 2 tickets a week and come out ahead. The fines are far too cheap. Street parking is a major pain as it means the goods vehicles have no where to load and offload.

Speaking of sai kung what annoys me the most is the free parking area inbetween Hebe Haven and the Giverny, all the spaces are always occupied by the same cars. It is crying out for a 3am ninja raid to move the cars using car dollies, that would wipe the smile off their faces to find their cars have been moved to the paying spots.
    Good to see the use of a tow truck to feck with these illegal parking tight asses!

And the guy parking used cars for sale in that spot near the scout hall/ hebe haven has been getting away it since I first moved to Sai Kung 20 years ago. I think his name is Lawrence. Funny thing though, I bought a W124 mercedes E320 24v coupe off him and got a parking ticket before I exported it to Melbourne lol he was well pissed as I had no intention of transferring the rego lol

Quote Originally Posted by talllatte:
    You mean the parking bay on the water side of the road? I don't live there but whenever I drive by it always seems to be cars for sale parked there for months on end. They should be towed for sure, it's not a bloody car yard.

Sai Kung town is horrible on weekends but normally I'll park at Centro, and then walk into town. If I'm under 2 hours it's free for buying $X at the fusion in Centro. It's the best I can find in Sai Kung without dealing with the main town area. If I really have to park in town I usually head straight for the Wilson parking across from McDonalds. They're tiny spots but there's always room and sometimes convenience trumps the parking price, especially if I'm buying something big or heavy.

Quite amusing seeing a police van come to town, 6-8 of them bail out and fan out to ticket cars. If they were more diligent they could easily fund the Sai Kung police running costs from illegal parking alone. They need to be more ruthless in SK, the parking situation is mental.
    Skyhook and bsh like this.

Original Post Deleted
    They used to!
    shri and hike like this.