Like Tree39Likes

Tips on Driving?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    ...let’s count the number of roundabouts in HK versus intersections.
    Don't bother. If he didn't realize this on his own then there's no point in speaking to him.

When you’ve stopped your futile bickering let’s count the number of roundabouts in HK versus intersections. You want facts? I’ll give you facts. I’ve been through countless intersections and junctions here without batting an eyelid. When I’m on a roundabout I have next no to confidence in the ability of my bus driver, taxi driver or for any other driver on or approaching the roundabout. Lane lottery, is he turning left, straight or going round lottery and is my driver going to see a gap and pull out in the expectation that the vehicle approaching on the roundabout will stop.

Tips for OP.

Roundabouts are easy. Just like driving anywhere in the world it’s not your ability to navigate it is others failures.

When in traffic, even if you can see the obvious reason put your hand on the horn and leave it there for as soon as possible.

Red lights. If they’ve only just changed I’m still good to drive through them.

Left turns. Indicators are 100 per cent optional.

Zebra crossings. Nice road decorations here. I’d admire them more but I’m whizzing through them.

changing lane. Manoeuvre. Signal optional. Mirror unnecessary.

Well said....

and whilst I’m on the roundabout and have right of way, some turd decides they can go straight through the roundabout, without having to stop or give way to traffic on the right

When you’ve stopped your futile bickering let’s count the number of roundabouts in HK versus intersections. You want facts? I’ll give you facts. I’ve been through countless intersections and junctions here without batting an eyelid. When I’m on a roundabout I have next no to confidence in the ability of my bus driver, taxi driver or for any other driver on or approaching the roundabout. Lane lottery, is he turning left, straight or going round lottery and is my driver going to see a gap and pull out in the expectation that the vehicle approaching on the roundabout will stop.

Tips for OP.

Roundabouts are easy. Just like driving anywhere in the world it’s not your ability to navigate it is others failures.

When in traffic, even if you can see the obvious reason put your hand on the horn and leave it there for as soon as possible.

Red lights. If they’ve only just changed I’m still good to drive through them.

Left turns. Indicators are 100 per cent optional.

Zebra crossings. Nice road decorations here. I’d admire them more but I’m whizzing through them.

changing lane. Manoeuvre. Signal optional. Mirror unnecessary.
    You haven't actually state how many roundabouts there are in HK. So I don't know what fact you are talking about.

As for your so-called fact, that's your personal opinion, not a fact. Look up the dictionary to know the difference between the two, if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Well said....
    Nope, that's based on opinion not fact.

and whilst I’m on the roundabout and have right of way, some turd decides they can go straight through the roundabout, without having to stop or give way to traffic on the right
    So you are terrified of roundabouts then.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    So you are terrified of roundabouts then.
    and where did I say I was terrified?

and where did I say I was terrified?
    Well you just mention you are afraid of HK drivers going on roundabouts no?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    You haven't actually state how many roundabouts there are in HK. So I don't know what fact you are talking about.

As for your so-called fact, that's your personal opinion, not a fact. Look up the dictionary to know the difference between the two, if you have to.
    No if I am wary of the ability of my driver or other drivers that’s a fact. An opinion is a point of view.

I don’t know how many roundabouts there are but the FACT is that there are many more junctions and intersections. In my OPINION my a massive factor.
    ArrynField likes this.

21 years driving in HK
    1 minor fender bender by some muppet cutting into my lane and slamming on the brakes, luckily no damage, no money involved, no report.
    11 years living in Clear water bay, had to pass 3 roundabouts to get to TKO tunnel everyday, my advice, go in aggressive, come out aggressive. each roundabout has different road lines always assume the idiot on the outer ring/lane is going to do a 360 full tour of the roundabout, never assume they will take the left exit.

Driving in HK is easy just dont be a pussy and let the feckers bully you, keep small 10-20 cent coins in the small tray handy so you can chuck it at pricks who piss you off infront LOL

ArrynField and Skyhook like this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast