Like Tree30Likes

XBox Series X/S & Playstation 5 Preorders in Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

XBox Series X/S & Playstation 5 Preorders in Hong Kong.

Does anyone have any top tips on putting myself in the best position to get one of these consoles?

Xbox have announced (reasonable) prices in Hong Kong. But nowhere appears to be doing pre-orders on the 22nd like the rest of the world?
    The Playstation 5 announcement will hopefully be tonight during Sony's video reveal.

Does anyone have any great tips for the best site/place to go?
    I'd rather not pay scalper costs by doing the leg work now!

Last edited by Maybejames; 15-09-2020 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Image didn't upload first time

Series S has been priced quite cheap - even US$5 less than US price.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Series S has been priced quite cheap - even US$5 less than US price.
    It will upscale to 4K though rather than playing natively and no disk drive. If you don't care about those it's good, looks very sleak compared to the X. I'm sticking with my Xbox One X for now.

I haven't had an Xbox since it was just called 'an Xbox' but I'm slightly tempted by the Series S - presumably there's no sign of the hardware/game pass subscription package here? HK$200 per month is quite interesting...

Xbox Hong Kong website shows you can pre order on 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by mused:
    It will upscale to 4K though rather than playing natively and no disk drive. If you don't care about those it's good, looks very sleak compared to the X. I'm sticking with my Xbox One X for now.
    Considering it's rendering at 1440p and upraising to 4k, I'd argue most wouldn't notice so should be good?
    For the cost & size it's a really compelling option especially if you've not committed to a newer 4K TV yet!

I too am sticking with a 'Series X' (If I can get one), but the S is going to sell well I feel. As a second console to the PS5 and as a cost sensitive option for those that Covid/Global Recession has hit hardest.
    Last edited by Maybejames; 16-09-2020 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Adding quote

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Xbox Hong Kong website shows you can pre order on 22nd.
    It does, but doesn't specify where?
    And the "Official" franchised Microsoft Store in HK claims to not know anything about it.
    In a live chat I was told it wasn't going to be launched in Hong Kong yesterday. But clearly that's not the case.

I may get an S model if I can play Halo/Halo Reach again in multi player.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I haven't had an Xbox since it was just called 'an Xbox' but I'm slightly tempted by the Series S - presumably there's no sign of the hardware/game pass subscription package here? HK$200 per month is quite interesting...
    The formal comms from Xbox didn't have anything in HK unfortunately. We're not a priority market.
    No Movies/TV, No rewards app, no Xcloud and no xbox all access.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I may get an S model if I can play Halo/Halo Reach again in multi player.
    LOL, I have good news for you. Halo Master Chief Collection exists and has quite a healthy online community.
    And it's part of Game Pass too, if that's your thing. Rockets and Snipers on Hang Em High!?
    emx likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast