Like Tree424Likes

One year after leaving Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thanks for the share. Obviously how HK has been has had me fantasising about this option for a while, but that very fear of being an outsider again was a little scary. Seeing the balance and wholesomeness of what you've built over there definitely something I'll aspire to achieve some day.

Titus and alexdown like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tck:
    Thanks for the share. Obviously how HK has been has had me fantasising about this option for a while, but that very fear of being an outsider again was a little scary. Seeing the balance and wholesomeness of what you've built over there definitely something I'll aspire to achieve some day.
    I think most small communities will appreciate anyone who makes an effort to be part of their community. Maybe living in big cities all my life got me jaded about them but I feel people are more responsible for their actions and respectful of their neighbours in a small community. Not saying its utopia of course

Original Post Deleted
    Unfortunately not unless it's the super rich =(

@Titus Thanks for sharing your story. It's lovely.

I was also born in HK and lived in Vancouver for 10 years. Have returned to HK for 15 years. Have lived and travelled to different countries because of work. Soon I'll be moving to U.S. as my husband is American.

I hope I had spent more time in the BC interior. Such a beautiful place. I'm sure your kids will grow up happily. I did remember the Douglas Fir you mentioned in Vancouver Island. A simple life is sometimes more valuable than what we thought. My hubby and I may move to a smaller town in a few years too.

Titus likes this.

thanks for sharing!

Titus likes this.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]

After almost a year of training I got my pager as a volunteer firefighter and had my first call at 1am last week to a vehicle fire. Good thing it's been a wet summer or there would be wildland fires to fight. Got stung for the first time in my life by anything, was practicing digging fire breaks and hit a wasp nest lol I was running from the swarm from natural instinct before I even know what was going on and flailed my helmet and glasses off in the bushes. Getting some wood for winter in the new wood stove I had installed at home LOL 1980 called and want their movie prop log back.
    First day of back to school
    Name:  FB_IMG_1600987430620.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  85.8 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1600987768149.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  58.5 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20200924-155159_Facebook.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  1,022.7 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1600987808195.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  158.0 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1600987810600.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  38.6 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20200924-155056_Facebook.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  568.5 KB

Season that wood well before you burn it! I'm sure being a firefighter you know that thou - congrats.

I'll be hauling logs out of our forest in a couple of weeks too, sudden temperature drop coming in central France after a long summer. We have a mix of oak and douglas fir, the latter we season for at least 3 years.

Titus and Mr Chips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Season that wood well before you burn it! I'm sure being a firefighter you know that thou - congrats.

I'll be hauling logs out of our forest in a couple of weeks too, sudden temperature drop coming in central France after a long summer. We have a mix of oak and douglas fir, the latter we season for at least 3 years.
    Yea the stuff I'm cutting myself are probably for next winter, I'm buying this year's firewood from some local suppliers. Even buying them I save more than my current propane furance that burns through about 2300 HKD of propane each month in the coldest months. And that wood heat really radiates warmth much better than forced air through a propane furance.
    How's the regulation in France do you need a permit for firewood in designated public forests or free for all?
    kimwy66 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast