Like Tree160Likes

Travelling to the UK during this pandemic.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by walkup:
    The trouble with guys who still go on and on about low percentages (and continue patently to not understand how viruses spread but are instead trapped inside the land of average) is that in practice it is used an excuse for their Trumpist behaviour of not wearing a mask at the slightest opportunity. They consider themselves entitled to breathe over everybody else. The only question for the rest of us is whether the less bright less educated refusenik crowd parroting practical nonsense can be side-stepped in the UK or not. One London friend thought probably best to stay away at least during the coming winter months when people spend less time outside , so we are talking at least not until April 2021.
    The trouble with people who focus on only small parts of the picture is how easily they mess up even the basic facts.

The virus spreads: Virus = high percentage by population
    Deaths don't spread: Deaths = low percentage by population

If you're attempting to make a case for your superior intellect, you failed...badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    The trouble with people who focus on only small parts of the picture is how easily they mess up even the basic facts.

The virus spreads: Virus = high percentage by population
    Deaths don't spread: Deaths = low percentage by population

If you're attempting to make a case for your superior intellect, you failed...badly.
    The only person who seems obsessed by attempting to prove their superior intellect is the poster with the name "sage".
    civil_servant and Aramis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The only person who seems obsessed by attempting to prove their superior intellect is the poster with the name "sage".
    Fuck those exhausted medical practitioners all over the world pleading with us take restrictions seriously because my spreadsheet says so.

Hundreds of thousands of surgeries delayed because of, who cares, they're not dying at the same rate of covid as all other causes of deaths combined.

Well done on the primary school level retort. Arguing your case with data and well founded opinion is no longer in vogue?

Well done on the primary school level retort. Arguing your case with data and well founded opinion is no longer in vogue?
    Arguing your case with selective data and unfounded opinion..... But remember it's just the flu.

Original Post Deleted
    For the record, I still think allowing kids to go to a "corona virus" fun camp, get it, recover and come home able to to school and be with grandparents would have been a good strategy. I failed to take into account the lack of logic and irrational fear of parents.

Imagine if we had done that in HK in March. Taken a few weeks of kids off school and then able to reopen them safely, rather than the 9 months lost schooling and craziness we did have.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    For the record, I still think allowing kids to go to a "corona virus" fun camp, get it, recover and come home able to to school and be with grandparents would have been a good strategy. I failed to take into account the lack of logic and irrational fear of parents.

Imagine if we had done that in HK in March. Taken a few weeks of kids off school and then able to reopen them safely, rather than the 9 months lost schooling and craziness we did have.
    And the kids that died or got seriously ill? You don't think the illogical and irrational parents might just be a tad upset or just say oh well they would have died of something anyway.
    Aramis likes this.

Arguing your case with selective data and unfounded opinion..... But remember it's just the flu.
    Your quote not mine, and I don’t recall seeing you post any solid data or research at all either in support or to refute your “just a flu” comment.

And your “selective data” comment only highlights your lack of understanding of how data is used.

Your quote not mine, and I don’t recall seeing you post any solid data or research at all either in support or to refute your “just a flu” comment.

And your “selective data” comment only highlights your lack of understanding of how data is used.
    Oh please .... Yep never used data professionally in my life.

You really need to get a grip on that ego of yours, it is the root of your poor analysis and conclusions.

You are on ignore.
    Aramis and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:

For someone who loves to quote logic, science and common sense, it is remarkable how little of that you display.

You don't even know the percentage of those would would have immunity and for how long that would last. You have no idea how many deaths and long term issues your little idea would cause. You THINK it might not be too bad and it's worth the disruption that it caused to their education and their social relationship.

Someone might need to remind you that running science experiments on human being without knowing the outcome is unethical, definitely not logical and asking parents to subject their children to such experiments completely defies common sense and frankly borders on insanity.

You only need looking at the number of parents that are concerned about vaccination to realize how insane and unpractical this idea is...
    TheBrit likes this.