Like Tree13Likes

ANT IPO Approved...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    No. I dont think so. (Although someone more knowledgeable will confirm).

However, and I appreciate there are a lot of contrarian china bears in here, the chances of this stock opening down on it's IPO price are beyond small. Miniscule. In the unlikely event you and your spouse got a bigger allocation than you expect I'd result in little more than a few anxious days followed by a tidy profit when you sell the excess.
    Correct - once you have been allocated shares, that's it.
    shri and Kowloon72 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simpsjk:
    <IPO News>ANT GROUP (06688.HK) IPO Tmr; Entry Fee $4,040.31
    IPO application to start from tomorrow
    FYI - it's open today. Available already on HSBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72:
    FYI - it's open today. Available already on HSBC.
    oops, you are right,.
    That news is from yesterday...

Hey guys this is my first time investing in IPO, I have a HSBC account but it want to charge me $1000+ in brokerage fee. Is that fee refundable if I fail to get any allotment?

Wow.... in IBKR you cannot leverage any more. They said financing is first-come first-serve and they maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by simpsjk:
    Wow.... in IBKR you cannot leverage any more. They said financing is first-come first-serve and they maxed out.
    Interesting, yeah I wondered why it capped me lower than what I thought I'd be able to bid (by about 2/3rds) - guess that explains it. Oh well. Still the more than I could have bid via the HSBC.

I feel another Enron/Worldonline is in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    I feel another Enron/Worldonline is in the making...
    Staying 50 miles away from this one IPO or post... Too much single country, single entity risk and multiple political risks. When it shows up on 2800, we will end up with an appropriate allocation.
    Sith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Staying 50 miles away from this one IPO or post... Too much single country, single entity risk and multiple political risks. When it shows up on 2800, we will end up with an appropriate allocation.
    what is 2800? would you not want to get in on the initial pop and exit for short-term gain at least? (of course assuming the pop, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Felt the same way about JD stock 9618, I backed out of the last click on the ipo, seeing its current price I missed out on 38% of gains.