shoon likes this.

BUT I KNOW SOMEONE WHO TOOK 1 YEAR ,he was also refugee

shoon likes this.

almost 5 years

any suggestions for me?

u means refugees can't get easy visa?

Quote Originally Posted by shoon:
    u means refugees can't get easy visa?
    Correct. Dependent visa is NOT easy visa for refugees. It is even harder if your refugee claim has not been proved and you are classed as "asylum seeker."
    I know a number of such people whose dependent visa applications were eventually rejected; the couples who really wanted to be married had to move to another country.

yeah but is it not fair in my case everything is genuine and I all proceeds what they wanted to

hi any one got any approval ?

Hi all, thought I'd give some insight on current Dependant VISA processing times for anyone interested. It goes without saying that processing times will vary on a case by case basis but thought it may be of use to share all the same. For context, I hold an Australian passport and have been on a tourist VISA most of the year and unable to leave HK due to covid flight restrictions to Aus, and my wife is a HK citizen by birth.

Following the dependant VISA guidelines on the IMMD site, we put together all the standard documents and "proof of relationship" material and submitted the pack in person at the IMMD centre on the 11/11/20. The week following we got a confirmation of documents received letter from the IMMD generated the day we applied (11/11/20) including our case number which we used to check online to track the status of our application.

Two days ago, on Tuesday 01/12/20 our status updated from "In progress" to "Call us" and we spoke with our IMMD case agent who asked for another document which we emailed to him immediately. Yesterday 02/12/20 he called us and said it was ready for collection at IMMD so I went in with my passport and paid the fee and now its done.

So all in all 3 weeks from submission on the 11/11 to 2/12. Note, that all government workers have just been instructed to work from home (again) which he said would slow processing times down further but it seems we just made the cut before the fourth wave restrictions have hit.

Good luck!

shoon likes this.

Hello everyone .. I ve applied dependent visa this year in feb .. and it’s still in progress and in November immigration visit my house .. any idea how long it’s gonna take more after visit ..

shoon likes this.