Like Tree58Likes

Early 2021 - GEP Visa Processing Time

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I'm a US national in a similar boat to you all. Visa application was submitted last week of November-ish, still waiting.

Thanks Shri! Appreciate your inputs :-)

Hi All,

Thought I'd share my experience:

08/12 - Docs submitted
    15/12 - Acknowledgement letter
    19/01 - Approval

Note that the online system still says 'In Progress'. However, my new employer has received a letter to say that it has been approved.

Some notes:

I'm a journalist by trade (B2B). Although my new job isn't as a journalist, it is technically media related (B2B).

No degree. My only education was at high school. My application was submitted without any education certificates at all, not even high school (lost them)

I did however submit quite a detailed letter explaining about the missing high school certificates etc, as well as including a lot of evidence of my previous employment (printouts of published articles etc)

British citizen, salary above the 'magic' 20k threshold.

patrick123, AmitJ, shri and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ploft:
    I'm a US national in a similar boat to you all. Visa application was submitted last week of November-ish, still waiting.
    Got it today.
    vmlinuz, shri and patrick123 like this.

Does any one with a GEP visa have recent experience switching employers? I wonder if there is any increased difficulty on that front.

LetsDiscuss likes this.

My application on 21st Dec was approved on 22nd Jan - so just after the 4 week mark. Working for a multinational finance company, who engaged a prominent firm to manage the permit process.

Quote Originally Posted by Concatenate:
    My application on 21st Dec was approved on 22nd Jan - so just after the 4 week mark. Working for a multinational finance company, who engaged a prominent firm to manage the permit process.
    Thanks, I'm hoping mine will be a similar timeframe too. Is the 21st when your agent submitted the application to Hkid?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt30:
    Does any one with a GEP visa have recent experience switching employers? I wonder if there is any increased difficulty on that front.
    I am currently in the process of doing so. My application was sent in December and waiting to hear back.

Are you also waiting to hear back?

Which visa did you apply for ? employment ?

Quote Originally Posted by efsrgsgstg:
    Thanks, I'm hoping mine will be a similar timeframe too. Is the 21st when your agent submitted the application to Hkid?
    Yes, I submitted all my docs on the 20th, they reviewed them on the same day, and submitted them the next day for me. They updated me on the 15th that I was in the "final stage of consideration" so they seemed to have a good idea of how things were looking.
    efsrgsgstg likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast