Like Tree61Likes

HK Smart ID Card Replacement Exercise

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What Chris said. You either are a Chinese citizen or you aren't. If you are I'm sure you can prove that and not lose your 3 stars.

If you lose three stars, you won't get it back even after 7 years.

And declaring yourself as a Chinese national does not mean that you're not a British citizen.

bbchris likes this.

I don't see any newer threads on this, so giving this one a bump with a question.

Just noticed that apparently it's my birth year's window to replace my ID ending next month.

Does it matter if I actually replace it during this window?

I don't really feel like lining up for things unnecessarily in a pandemic and am not in any rush.

Can I just do it later when life gets back to normal?

Original Post Deleted
    Seems I'm up too.

How do I know if I've already done it? Is there something on the ID card that signifies this?

Name:  ID.png
Views: 516
Size:  235.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Seems I'm up too.

How do I know if I've already done it? Is there something on the ID card that signifies this?

Name:  ID.png
Views: 516
Size:  235.1 KB
    Of you didn’t get one after November 2018 then you don’t have it already.

The Territory-wide Identity Card Replacement Exercise covers all Hong Kong residents who are holders of a smart identity card with the date of issue between 23 June 2003 and 24 November 2018,

Btw all slots for the island and Kowloon are full, only availability is in the New Territories. I’m not going to travel there for this. So what’s the alternative?

Original Post Deleted

Hmmm, anyone know if this is actually enforced?

Seems irresponsible during a pandemic. A lot of countries have gone the other way and done blanket extensions of ID expiries in order to minimize the flow of people unnecessarily queueing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Btw all slots for the island and Kowloon are full, only availability is in the New Territories. I’m not going to travel there for this. So what’s the alternative?
    I'm just looking at the booking portal and it says:

"You can make an appointment for the next 24 working days (except public holidays)."

24 working days from today is Sat 17 Apr, which jives with current bookings up to Fri 16 Apr.

So, seems like you can just wait a few days and try your luck when new dates/slots open.

Anyone know what the trick is to this? What time each day do they open up the new dates/slots?
    Sith and Sage like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Well, having just booked my Covid vaccinations, maybe I can squeeze this in once the vaccine efficacy kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by jabalong:
    Does it matter if I actually replace it during this window?
    No, you can also book now and tell them you have lost it

Quote Originally Posted by jabalong:
    So, seems like you can just wait a few days and try your luck when new dates/slots open.

Anyone know what the trick is to this? What time each day do they open up the new dates/slots?
    Found the answer myself, the system releases the next booking date after midnight.

Q3. What if the appointment booking quota on the date I prefer has already been filled?

Appointment booking system provides booking services for the following 24 working days. If the quota for your preferred day has been filled, you can make an appointment on another day. Quota of the 25th working day will be released after midnight. Besides, there are limited walk-in quotas at Registration of Persons Offices. Subject to the availability of quota, you may attend a Registration of Persons Office in person for a walk-in tag.
    https://webapp.es2.immd.gov.hk/smart.../menuPage/faqs
    Sage likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast