Like Tree73Likes

BioNTech Vaccination Resumption in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I will most likely proved wrong but i like how optimistic everyone is that BioNtech vaccinations are gonna be resumed asap when the hk gov has failed to show any evidence that the vaccines/vials were damaged/faulty to begin with

alexdown and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LesConard:
    I will most likely proved wrong but i like how optimistic everyone is that BioNtech vaccinations are gonna be resumed asap when the hk gov has failed to show any evidence that the vaccines/vials were damaged/faulty to begin with
    Were there any photos of the vials in Macau or Hong Kong? Did they threw them away in Macau as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Were there any photos of the vials in Macau or Hong Kong? Did they threw them away in Macau as well?
    Shh...everything that happens here is about screwing HK expats. Don’t complicate it by reminding them that Macau issued a statement first saying they were suspending BioNTech while in HK people were still getting their jabs until 10 AM the same day.
    hullexile and Bartholomeuw like this.

Is there any update on when they are restarting? I have a flight booked for early next week and am supposed to get my second shot on Sunday. Biting my nails waiting to see if I should delay my flight booking.

Original Post Deleted
    Yup, just got the message for Friday cancellations. Not gonna bloody rebook even when they resume it.

I refuse to accept your insincere apologies.

[COVID-19 Vaccination]
    Cancellation of BioNTech vaccination bookings, rescheduling arrangement to be separately notified

Owing to packaging problem with the vial cap of BioNTech vaccine, government has suspended the administering of the vaccine on precautionary ground, as requested by BioNTech and Fosun Pharma, pending completion of their investigation into the matter. Your booking for BioNTech vaccination has been cancelled and you should therefore not go to the vaccination centre. We will separately notify you of the rescheduling arrangement. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    [Do not reply]
    Last edited by Greghouse; 30-03-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    You were certain it was never going to come to HK. Then certain it was never going to be offered to younger people. Now you’re certain it will be delayed forever.

Did you know by the way that Fosun Pharma made a $150m equity investment into BioNTech as part of the distribution deal? So a Chinese person is making $$$ on both of the vaccines currently offered in HK.

They have vaccines in HK and macau ready to use now and are still delaying - what a shame protests are now illegal...

Hong Kong 2023 reaches 5% vaccinated and is avoided by the rest of the (long since vaccinated) world.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Hong Kong 2023 reaches 5% vaccinated and is avoided by the rest of the (long since vaccinated) world.
    Hong Kong is already over 5% for the 1st dose........
    I will be more worried for some others asian countries like the Philippines .....