Like Tree1087Likes

Has Hong Kong adopted the wrong COVID-19 strategy?

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

any link for this story?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. In recent weeks I’ve learned to deal with the madness by accepting it for what it is. Just when you think things couldn’t get any more bizarre they usually do. Just when you think there’s going to be a common sense scientific adjustment to QT length they get scuppered with all expectations that length of incarceration may be getting longer, maybe some of that at home.

I won’t pretend it doesn’t wind me up but an acceptance of having zero influence is a much better coping strategy.

I feel for those poor souls on the flight diverted to Manila due to the typhoon and then berated for not rebooking their QT hotels.

The QT situation is the one that irritates me most. Not enough availability I can probably accept. Not publishing the list beyond 30 November with Christmas and the New Year looming is inevitably going to lead to disappointment for some. A few hotels are taking bookings not all. I just cannot accept that the Government imposes QT hotels then completely washes its hands of arrangements beyond that saying they are commercial between traveller and hotel. Sure some people are probably playing the system with duplicate bookings but it would be so easy to remedy that with bookings linked to ID card or passport number. The numerous pain endured by travellers fighting for refunds is nothing short of an utter disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. In recent weeks I’ve learned to deal with the madness by accepting it for what it is. Just when you think things couldn’t get any more bizarre they usually do. Just when you think there’s going to be a common sense scientific adjustment to QT length they get scuppered with all expectations that length of incarceration may be getting longer, maybe some of that at home.

I won’t pretend it doesn’t wind me up but an acceptance of having zero influence is a much better coping strategy.

I feel for those poor souls on the flight diverted to Manila due to the typhoon and then berated for not rebooking their QT hotels.

The QT situation is the one that irritates me most. Not enough availability I can probably accept. Not publishing the list beyond 30 November with Christmas and the New Year looming is inevitably going to lead to disappointment for some. A few hotels are taking bookings not all. I just cannot accept that the Government imposes QT hotels then completely washes its hands of arrangements beyond that saying they are commercial between traveller and hotel. Sure some people are probably playing the system with duplicate bookings but it would be so easy to remedy that with bookings linked to ID card or passport number. The numerous pain endured by travellers fighting for refunds is nothing short of an utter disgrace.
    Trust me, a much better coping strategy is just to opt out.

Don’t wear a mask, don’t download LHS app, don’t ever provide contact details.

It’s amazingly easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish:
    It gets better, they qt the close contacts upto 21 days since last exposure, and now to be extra safe qt the close contacts household members for 3 days as well. Theyvare power hungry lunatics.

So some fucker snitched that the gym goer is positive. Or did the idiot inform the authorities themselves?

Where is this story being reported?

No idea how the reporting works, but this has been happening for a while now. The whole 3 days qt for close contact household members is new though. Don't have any articles, but there is stuff on twitter from the covid coverers.

So which authorities did the person inform? UK or Hong Kong ones? If UK, did they then inform the HK authorities? It does seem like overkill - especially as covid appears to be rampant in the UK at the moment (so the likelihood is that the guy contacted covid after arrival, not before departure).
    hongkong7 likes this.

I have no idea what the procedure is. I assume the UK advises HK and then HK contact trace with the patient. But i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    So which authorities did the person inform? UK or Hong Kong ones? If UK, did they then inform the HK authorities? It does seem like overkill - especially as covid appears to be rampant in the UK at the moment (so the likelihood is that the guy contacted covid after arrival, not before departure).
    I could see the UK authorities contacting HK IF it were a positive on arrival but after this much time? Maybe the guy took it upon himself and contacted the CHP because he hates his fellow gym members?
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    According to Aaron on the above Twitter thread, the person concerned tested positive on the 2nd day test and HK requires the UK (and all countries I assume) to inform them of positive tests. Subsequent lateral flow tests are negative and so was day 10 PCR which suggest either they had it in HK and then recovers or never had it at all.
    drumbrake and HK_Katherine like this.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast