Like Tree31Likes

Squid Games - What to watch next?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I assume that is a recommendation? I was thinking of watching the first season but there is only so much time...
    Yea i think it's great, definitely in my top 10.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    The two aren't related or connected in any way. So, whether you watch it first (before HP) or later, doesn't matter. What I know is Prison Playbook also garnered rave reviews but Hospital Playlist definitely beats the other.
    Why is Hospital Playlist so good?

I tried watching the first episode and was falling asleep after 30 minutes. Is there any kind of plot or is it just about people working in a hospital who are friends?
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Why is Hospital Playlist so good?

I tried watching the first episode and was falling asleep after 30 minutes. Is there any kind of plot or is it just about people working in a hospital who are friends?
    Can't blame you because I did, too. . But the thing is almost everyone has said that and later, it's "I hadn't expected much from this but it's become one of my best K dramas". I was reluctant to watch it any further after the first few minutes, but I just wanted to see "what's there".

It's mostly the friendship of the five that keeps us glued to it. And not to mention the many roller coaster emotions that happens in a patient-doctor relationship. Many has pointed out that Andrea (the doctor who's nicknamed the "Buddha" to which he replies "but I'm Catholic") is unrealistically too polite and sympathetic with his patients -- but no, that kind of species does exist too, though extremely rare but I've been alongside them.

But then, you may still end up disliking it. A few years back when Descendants of the Sun was the talk of the town (starring no other than "Vincenzo" himself), I hated with all my heart -- and I had watched it only for five minutes. Different tastes!

It's mostly the friendship of the five that keeps us glued to it. And not to mention the many roller coaster emotions that happens in a patient-doctor relationship. !
    But if there is no overarching plot....?

The latter is not really my cup of tea, as I get enough of that in reality this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    But if there is no overarching plot....?

The latter is not really my cup of tea, as I get enough of that in reality this year...
    Perhaps, @chuckster007 might be able to persuade you to watch it. . I saw him give a greenlight to Hospital Playlist. As you see, I'm not good in "promoting" things.

Alternately, first try watching short clips of the drama on You Tube. You may find it refreshing which could actually lead you to watch the whole series.

Thought fans of squid games would be into darker dramas with flawed characters!

Here are a couple of K/J shows that I've watched over the last year or so...

Chief of Staff - Political drama...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl8YMGaQRKI

Korean Designated Survivor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXQd4Wnd1Es

and

Scams - Japanese show involving a good guy who gets into the phone scam racket. Available on Netflix .. cannot find a good trailer for it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10448486/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

Elegiaque likes this.

Okay, so I've now officially joined the bandwagon of Squid Game fans. It truly is a mind-blowing thing.

chuckster007, Editor, bdw and 1 others like this.

Perhaps, @chuckster007 might be able to persuade you to watch it. . I saw him give a greenlight to Hospital Playlist. As you see, I'm not good in "promoting" things.
    Everyone has different tastes so no point persuading anyone, u n i both liked hospital playlist but the next thing we watch, u might like it i might hate it, we would never be TV drama buddies again LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Everyone has different tastes so no point persuading anyone, u n i both liked hospital playlist but the next thing we watch, u might like it i might hate it, we would never be TV drama buddies again LOL

Lol. Lol.lol. I was just kidding. Not trying to be a pushy HK sales man/woman.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Lol. Lol.lol. I was just kidding. Not trying to be a pushy HK sales man/woman.
    so sad oh well, so many other Kdramas to watch on netflix

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/new...-3-on-netflix/